The Specialist Food Manufacturing department for Search Recruitment Group are delighted to bring an exceptional opportunity to the market. We are on the look out for an experienced and passionate Procurement Officer to join this incredible planning team based in North London.
Our Client, a fast growing food retail business, offer a great benefits package and free onsite parking, along with a great company pension scheme. Given the importance of this role for the business we are looking at up to
£30,000pa on the salary, the company prides itself on its wonderful progression opportunities.
The successful candidate will be reporting directly into the Procurement Manager and will be accountable for assisting in the forecasting for all orders. Given the style of role, previous experience in procurement is essential.
The expected responsibilities for the Procurement Officer include:
* Arranging purchase order and monitoring stock levels across the business
* Negotiate prices, communicating and assisting with placing orders with new suppliers
* Assisting and placing orders for the current portfolio of units and any new openings
* Monitoring the delivery of containers, dealing with any queries and ensuring the sustainability within the warehouse
* Effectively dealing with any out of life stock, damaged stock and wrong products whilst ensuing any wastage is kept to a minimum
* Forecasting all orders and planning materials
* Admin duties including the checking and passing of invoices for payment, ensuring they are line with POD receipts
Alongside the above you will be working with current suppliers, both nationally and internationally, purchasing goods and services, as well as negotiating discounts and prices for those goods.
Another large part of the role will be arranging freight for containers and the delivery of goods to the distribution warehouse the role is mainly office based but you should be prepared for some time to be spent in the warehouse section.
Some on-the -job training will be provided but applicants must have basic numeracy, literacy and office skills and be willing to undertake continuous professional development. We are looking for a really strong communicator, someone with excellent interpersonal and organisational skills with a strong attention to detail. You should be proficient in the use of MS Office applications, at least at an intermediate level in EXCEL and SAP experience.
If this sounds like a challenge you would be interested in then we would love to hear from you, please contact Matthew Covell at Search for more information or just simply click apply!
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.