An experienced private client lawyer is sought to join a large private client department where private client work is key for the firm. The role is based in Exeter.
The role would suit a Solicitor or FCILEx with at least 3 years experience looking to develop further and grow an exciting client portfolio. You will deal with a wide range of private client work and will be able to work confidently with minimal supervision and able to produce documents and correspondence using a case management system.
- Advising on and preparing Wills and Codicils;
- Providing Inheritance Tax planning advice;
- Preparing and registering LPAs;
- Providing advice on care fees and related elderly issues;
- Administration of Estates (both taxable and non taxable);
- Assisting on other matters such as Trusts, foreign aspects;
- Mentoring and supporting junior members of the department;
- Willingness to be actively involved in business development and marketing.
- You must be able to demonstrate :
- Experience of successfully working within private client;
- A focus on developing and maintaining professional and effective client relationships at all levels;
- Successful track record of involvement in marketing and activities aimed at increasing fee income and profile raising;
- A flexible approach and ability to work well in a team and flourish;
- Ability to meet financial and non financial targets;
- Ability to follow procedures and compliance e.g. Lexcel;
- Commercial awareness and business aptitude in decision making;
- Clear, concise and effective written and verbal communication;
- Excellent IT skills including using case management software;
- A willingness to embrace changing working practices and pro-actively be involved in improvement of services, products and processes;
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritise effectively.
This is a full time permanent position and an exciting opportunity to become an integral member of the firm's private client department where you can thrive. The firm are offering competitive salary and benefits.
Role: Solicitor or Legal Executive - Private Client
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time
Location: Exeter, Devon, Devon
Apply for this job now.