Sierra Pacific Constructors is a commercial general contractor with the treasured reputation of delivering high-quality construction projects on time and within budget. As an Accounting /Payroll Clerk, you will be part of a team that handles critical billing documents and transactions for commercial construction projects with esteemed clients such as NBC Universal, LinkedIn, Boston Consulting Group, Netflix, E Entertainment, and Kite Pharma (to name a few).
If you can juggle both time-sensitive projects and the necessary accuracy needed in accounting, we invite you to apply. We welcome proactive candidates who can speak up when things are not in order and challenges us to continue our tradition of excellence!
Your typical Accounting Functions will be to:
• Reviewing, coding, and processing Vendor, Subcontractor, and Overhead invoices for payment.
• Communicating with subcontractors and vendors regarding their statements for accuracy and discrepancies
• W9/1099 tracking and reporting
• Running weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly reports, as required
• Prepare all AIA billing documents, including releases, according to the client's request
• Communicate with the client regarding billing documents and payments
• Daily bank deposits, posting cash applications and bank reconciliations
• Prepare control documents for use in reconciling job costs, payable and receivable transactions
• Participating in the job close-out/review process by printing reports and confirming accuracy
Your typical Payroll Functions will be to:
• Prepare, analyze, collect, record and transmit payroll data in a timely and accurate manner in accordance with federal and state labor law and company standards.
• Respond to all payroll inquiries from employees and outside agencies and provide information or direction as needed.
• Maintain employee files
• Monitor human resources changes such as new hires, address changes, rate changes, tax changes, garnishments, benefit deductions, status changes, etc.
• Assist with personnel benefits; health insurance program, health, dental, disability, paid time off, leave of absence, COBRA,401k, etc.
• Assist other areas of accounting, as needed
What we are looking for:
• 2+ years’ experience in Accounting / Payroll
• A strong understanding of construction accounting procedures
• Maintains a strong commitment to properly handling confidential information
• Ability to work in high-pressure, fast-paced environment
• Must be able to prioritize and manage workflow
• Data entry and clerical skills
• Ability to use Acumatica and/or Spitfire a plus!
We Are Proud to Offer You
• Professional Work Environment
• Supportive, Team Environment with Growth Opportunities
• LEED Platinum Workplace
• Company Sponsored Lunched on Fridays
• Market Competitive Salaries
• Annual performance-based increases
• 401k Retirement Plan
• Retirement Plan Services
Health and Wellness
• Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
• Short and Long-Term Disability
• Gym, Basketball Court, Ping Pong at the Main office
Paid Time Off
• Vacation Days
• Sick/Personal Days
Role: Accounting / Payroll Clerk
Location: Woodland Hills,
Apply for this job now.