Summary: Examines, evaluates, and authorizes or recommends approval of customer applications for residential real estate loans by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ability to interview clients by phone and in person.
- Interviews applicant and requests specified information for loan application
- Requests property appraisals, applicant credit reports, background checks, reference checks, and other information pertinent to loan applicant’s evaluation.
- Analyzes applicant financial status, credit, and property evaluation to determine feasibility of granting loan or submits application to credit analyst for verification and recommendation.
- Corresponds with or interviews applicant or creditors to resolve questions regarding application information.
- Compiles loan package and facilitates negotiation with applicant according to establishment standards, such as fees, loan repayment options, and other credit terms.
- Obtains loan approval within specified limits or refers loan to loan committee or underwriting department for approval.
- Ensures loan agreements are complete and accurate according to policy.
- Assures timely loan closing and funding activities.
- Identifies and analyzes potential loan markets to develop prospects for residential real estate loans.
- Advises loan manager of external factors that may affect establishment lending policies, such as new or revised legislation and regulations. Recommends and implements appropriate changes to establishment policies and procedures.
- Promotes and cross-sells other establishment products and services as appropriate to customer requirements.
- Provides loan data to support marketing and sales promotion programs.
- Assists customers with inquiries and information requests, and resolves complaints relating to loan products and services offered.
Minimum of 2 yrs. experience as a Loan Officer
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- DBO License
- NMLS Endorsement
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of:
We are excited to introduce you to Mountain West Financial. Michael Douglas and Gary Martell Jr. began their career in the mortgage industry as competing Originators. They use that background today to maintain an environment where the entire company works toward one common goal; to close loans while delivering customer service that is second to none. Since 1990 Mountain West Financial has built a reputation of not just putting people in any loan, but to put them in a home loan that suits both their short and long term goals, to earn the opportunity to become a lender for life. Our Success over the past 28 years is derived from our goal of offering sustainable homeownership solutions, doing right by our team, clients, and referral partners drives us to continuously expand out program offerings, systems and tools. In order to accomplish these goals we constantly analyze and improve our internal processes to enhance our service levels to all of our clients, both internal and external while maintaining our high business standards.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience. We also have other openings at this location as for more information please refer to our recruiting website: #
Mountain West Financial is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Role: Loan Officer-In House
Apply for this job now.