Teaching Assistant - Positive Handling/Team Teach Trained - Sittingbourne
£60-£70 a day - Full-time - Immediate Start
Supply Desk are working with a Primary School in the Sittingbourne area, recruiting for a dedicated and Passionate Teaching Assistant to work 1:1 with complex needs including ASD.
There will be an element of contact that will come with this role, due to the needs of the child so a candidate who has training with Positive Handling or Team Teach is a necessity.
If you have experience working with children with SEN, or a background caring for children with SEN I would love to hear from you!
Benefits of working with Supply Desk
- You would be working with a dedicated team of Consultants with over 40 years total experience
- Termly CPD training days, including CPD for Behaviour Management and Cover Supervision Training
- Competitive rates of Pay
- Termly Networking Events with other education professionals in your area
- Working 1:1 with children with SEN
- SEN needs may include Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD), Social Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH), Profound Multiple Learning Difficulties (PMLD)
- Collaborating with the Class Teacher and SENCO in providing support for the students concerned
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous experience working with children with SEN would be highly desirable
- A background in Psychology would be desirable but not essential
- MUST have experience and/or certifications for Positive Handling and/or Team Teach
- Must be DBS checked (Enhanced DBS preferable)
Please call Drew on 01634 404 876 or email at #removed# today