Spencer Clarke Group are working closely alongside Richmond & Wandsworth Council to provide them with a Community Safety Serious Violence Consultant on a 3-6 month initial contract which may be extended.
This role is 37 hours per week, Monday - Friday and offers a pay rate of £350-£400 per day. This may be negotiable dependent on experience.
As a successful Community Safety Serious Violence Consultant, your duties will be:
- To conduct an in-depth analysis into the causes of serious violence, looking at evidence including volume, trends, geography, demographics, drivers and consequences unique to the local area
- To produce a Needs Assessment report and provide recommendations for strategic planning by providing a gap analysis to achieve a coordinated and strategic proactive and preventative approach
- To incorporate quantitative analysis of crime, health, and other data sets in partnership with the Analytics and Insights Team, Met Police analysis team, Wandsworth Children's Service and other local authority partners.
- To incorporate a review of literature and existing good practice, qualitative research with residents, victims and offenders, and the Wandsworth 2021 Young Researchers knife crime survey.
- To identify the underlying, long term risk factors that are driving violence in our communities, with an understanding of the public health approach to violence prevention
To be considered, you will have the following knowledge/experience:
- Good knowledge and experience in research and approach such as situational and problem analysis
- A degree is desirable in the fields of Social Sciences, Statistics, Research Methodologies and any other related field but suitable experience would also be welcomed
- Experience of working in local authority or statutory organisations, particularly in community safety, public health, national probation service or policing
- Good experience in data analysis, presentation methods, and report writing
- Good knowledge of datasets, including previous experience working with police and public health data
If you wish to be put forward, please apply below and contact Cameron Nicholls @ Spencer Clarke Group. email@example.com / 01772 954 200