Off-site Fabrication Manager - Modules fabrication yard - Final location to be confirmed
Term: Estimated Start date: Q2 2021 Estimated End date: Q4 2022
Reports to: Project Director
Responsible for the Off-Site fabrication Contract, the Fabrication Manager must have an excellent understanding of the Client's expectations and the Fabricator's obligations. Furthermore, the Fabrication Manager must assist the Fabricator in executing the work contract by monitoring performance, exercising appropriate controls, identifying issues early, and engaging the Fabricator appropriately to deliver the WORK on time, on quality, and on schedule.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage and supervise the Fabrication Team at the Fabricator Yard to ensure that the team has a clear understanding of their roles and responsibilities. Provide leadership to the team by setting a strategic direction based on the scope of work and priorities.
- Maintain a safe working environment for the Off-Site team.
- Develop and implement the Off-Site fabrication management system including progress monitoring, QA/QC, Work acceptance, etc.
- Manage the cost vs budget, schedule, and scope progress of the Off-Site Fabrication Contract.
- Ensure that the fabrication yard's weekly and monthly reports are submitted on time and that they are fully compliant with the project requirements for content and format.
- Monitor day-to-day field fabrication activities, provide technical direction, supports the Fabrication Team, and accurately track the project's fabrication progress.
- Liaise with Client, Fabrication Team, and the Fabricator to facilitate construction of Modules and ship loose items (structural steel & piping).
- Perform field audits for safety, planning, configuration purposes, and finding technical solutions.
- Debottleneck fabrication and assembly issues with the Client's project team, the Fabricator, and the Fabrication Team.
- Manage schedule compliance and proactively resolve conflicts.
- Coordinates and interfaces with all engineering disciplines, project partners, and sub- contractors.
- Expedites the successful accomplishment of the WORK.
- Approve documents affecting the engineering scope and ensure that change management is closely followed.
- Ensures quality adherence, performance, and procedural compliance.
- Prior to submitting changes or deviations to the Project Team for approval, the Off-site Fabrication Manager and the Fabrication team must review and verify all requests and supporting documentation.
- Responsible to review the weekly progress and take ownership to ensure that the Fabricator is maintaining or improving the agreed project schedule. The progress reported by the Fabricator shall be verified by the Off-site Fabrication Manager and the Fabrication Team on a weekly basis.
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent based on the experience.
- At least 10 years of experience working in the industrial, oil & gas, or chemical/petrochemical industry.
- Strong experience in modular fabrication at yards for industrial and oil & gas facilities.
- Strong field management experience with excellent supervisory, leadership, and communication skills to lead a team.
- Strong technical background (piping, steel structures, rotary & fixed mechanical equipment, Electrical & Instrumentation in prefab modules).
- Fluent in English; other languages will be considered as an asset.