Education & Experience Requirements:
- Manufacturing experience required, food manufacturing is preferred.
- 3-5 years’ workplace safety involvement.
- Awareness of local, state and federal safety compliance and regulatory concerns, including the Occupational Safety and Health Act.
- 2 or 4 year degree or equivalent combination of education, training and/or background.
- Assess employee safety training needs, advance training materials or outsource as necessary.
- Handle unsafe work conditions and practices through workplace audits, documenting and taking appropriate action to abolish these conditions and behaviors.
- Explore record keeping and follow ups regarding all workplace accidents.
- Secure compliance with Occupational Safety and Health Administration regulations as well as other governmental agencies.
- Work with Workers Compensation carrier to conduct cost effective and relevant handling of all workers compensation claims.
- Demonstrate requirements and coordinate supplying appropriate safety equipment and PPE to employees.
Assign, bolster and track attendance at monthly safety training sessions.
Byrnes & Rupkey, Inc., is a Talent Acquisition Firm dedicated to the recruitment and placement of talent for all industries. As the #1 Agency for numerous years in one of the leading National Network of Executive Search Firms, Byrnes & Rupkey can open doors to a wide range of companies and positions.
Role: Safety Coordinator
Location: Clear Lake,
Apply for this job now.