Job Title: Human Resources Generalist
Location: Salisbury, NC
Reports To: General Manager
FLSA Status: Non Exempt
Outgoing, friendly, and professional. Careful listener and clear communicator. Represent Company in unemployment hearings, workers compensation claims, and health and welfare benefits explanations. Must understand and know their fellow employees well to determine methods of improving or maintaining productivity and morale. Responsible for all facility Human Resource programming and represent the voice of the employee at management review meetings.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
· Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale increase productivity and retention.
· Anticipates HR needs within the business unit and takes coordinated steps to meet them.
· Recommends and assists in the development of terms and conditions for new hires, promotions, and transfers.
· Plan and conduct new employee orientations with Recruiter to foster positive attitude toward organizational objectives.
· Assists in the implementation and dissemination of company policies and procedures.
· Counsels, mentors, and coaches employees/supervisors to resolve employee relations and performance issues.
· Advises supervisors on organizational policy matters such as equal employment opportunity and sexual harassment, requesting interpretation from corporate as necessary.
· In conjunction with Legal (as required), investigates complaints of discrimination or harassment; recommends corrective action if appropriate.
· Consults with HR subject matter experts in complex situations.
· Assists with the implementation of the union free strategy that includes educating supervisors and routinely auditing workplace conditions and employees attitudes.
· Assesses all employees training needs and, working with the training department to develop and deliver training programs.
· Updates employee files to document personnel actions. Examines employee files to answer inquiries and provides information to authorized persons.
· Oversee payroll administration and provide proper wage and hour law recommendations.
· Conducts exit interviews as needed.
· Prepares and files reports of accidents and injuries at establishment.
· Attends and/or prepare documents for hearings as related to unemployment, Workers Compensation, complaints, etc.
· Assists HR Recruiter as necessary in processing employment applications, conducts and/or schedules interviews with appropriate managers, organize job fairs when necessary, and assists in other employment activities.
· Other duties may be assigned.
· Competent user of required systems:
o PayChex Time and Attendance
o Employee Information System (EIS)
o MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PPT, Outlook)
· Seek additional training as required
· Organizational Support – Follow policies and procedures; Supports organization’s goals, values and over all company culture.
· Teamwork - Working collaboratively with a group of people, in order to achieve Freshouse goals. Joint action by a group of people, in which individual interests are secondary to group unity and efficiency. Cooperate using individual skills and provide constructive feedback.
· Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in all situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions.
· Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
· Planning/Organizing – Uses discretion when delegating tasks; Uses time efficiently.
· Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
· Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments.
· Bi-lingual (English and Spanish)
Education and/or Experience
· Bachelor's degree B.A. Human Relations/Human Resources or related; or three to five years’ experience in a Human Resource role or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Experience in a manual assembly, packing operation or distribution environment.
· The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
· Listen, speak clearly, and communicate well with others.
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
**This job description is not an exhaustive list of duties or responsibilities. The employee will be required to undertake any other reasonable duties and responsibilities discussed and directed by the Management.
Role: Human Resources Generalist
Apply for this job now.