CSM Group is looking for a Project Engineer (PE) who will provide project management and administrative support on one (or more) projects. The PE performs daily and/or weekly site inspections for safety and quality purposes and writes required daily and/or weekly reports based on inspections. They will assist in scope writing, bid solicitations, pre- construction meetings walkthroughs, and post bid interviews. The Project Engineer compiles and distributes progress meeting agendas and minutes. The PE receives, reviews and distributes submittals, shop drawings, and keeps accurate and updated construction documents. This position assists Project Managers and Construction Manager in collecting and organizing pricing for CCD’s.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, Project Management or Engineering; or years of equivalent experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite products (outlook, word, excel, MS Project, power point etc.)
- Must be familiar with estimating concepts and ability to interpret drawings and specifications.
- Attention to detail and problem-solving ability.
- Self-motivated team player with mechanical aptitude.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and the ability to clearly articulate ideas both verbally and in written communication.
- Demonstrate ability to be productive, positive and proactive in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to see the overall requirements of client satisfaction without losing sight of details.
- Understand customer specific requirements and assist in preparing pre-construction analysis during project Design & Development.
- Creates and monitors project submittal logs.
- Responsible for review, input, and distribution of bidder’s requests for information (BRFI’s).
- Solicit proposals/bids from subcontractors and vendors for outsourced projects.
- Conducts pre-bid walk throughs.
- Attend project meetings; track project progress and provide weekly status updates.
- Coordinate work with customers and subcontractors; provide oversight and direction.
- Prepares building permit applications and submits to municipality (if applicable).
- Reviews and inputs all contractor submittal documents sent to architect and returns the reviewed documents to trade contractor before beginning work on site.
- Reviews shop drawings and sends to architect and returns to trade contractor upon review.
- Keeps track of work hours, materials, equipment and work progress through daily progress reports.
- Compiles the Project Manager’s weekly reports in project management software.
- Reviews and inputs RFI’s send to architect for review and return to trade contractor upon review.
- Ensures site safety through review of procedure documents such as Safe Plans of Action (SPA).
- Addresses critical safety concerns arising in the work field.
- Issues hot work permits and checking hot work task areas for possible flammables and other altercations.
- Performs safety observation reports (SORs), hygienic construction site reviews, safety inspection checklists.
- Performs tool and equipment inspection checks.
- Ensures abidance to owner safety rules and regulations.
- Schedules and coordinates reoccurring safety meetings.
Post Construction Activities
- Attends post bid interviews.
- Compiles all required inspections for building occupancy.
- Compiles required project closeout documentation.
- Creates, distributes and completes project punch list with owner, architect and trades.
- Schedules and tracks owner training.
At CSM Group of Companies, we provide services that a customer needs at every stage of the building process. From designing a building with compliance in mind and working with an owner to find the right delivery model that fits their needs, to helping safeguard their employees and expedite their business processes with custom-built technology solutions, we are transforming the way people do business.
Role: Project Engineer
Location: Battle Creek,
Apply for this job now.