Job Category: Technical Lead
Location: Washington, DC
Description: The Technical Lead is responsible for participating in the full Agile application development life cycle for new development design, construction and testing of Java applications, Microservices, and reusable components to support overall project objectives. The Technical Lead will continually strive to create scalable design while leveraging design patterns, unit testing/automated test scripts, also participate in peer reviews and unit testing, and must be adaptable to different responsibilities, possess strong communications skills, and have a passion for constantly improving the individual and team effectiveness.
POSITION of TRUST/SUITABILITY REQUIREMENT: Must be US Citizens
Please be aware that this position requires a U.S Government Public Trust/Suitability determination. Applicants who accept an offer of employment will be subject to government security investigation(s) and must receive a favorable suitability determination for access to U.S Government information for continued employment. The government investigation for this position includes a credit check.
· Establishes and documents the “as-is” and “to-be” solution architectures
· Analyzes the product inventory to assess the delivery of business value to the customer
· Ensures user stories and acceptance criteria fit the target solution, identifying and resolving trade-offs where necessary
· Identifies and promotes opportunities for functional simplification and re-use
· Collaborates with ODOS and all OIT divisions to support product implementation and delivery
· Responsible for the overall ODOS technical design
· Creates design definitions and provides technical specifications for all development teams
· Provides technical guidance, including performance optimization, to all development teams
· Reviews and analyzes data architecture for reliability, integrity and interoperability
· Supports the creation of ODOS design documentation
· Provides detailed reporting of designs to Government Technical Leadership
· Facilitates and enforces the process and removes impediments for the team
· Serves as POC/orchestrator and prepares team for tasks
· Documents/improves the process and acts as coach, fixer and gatekeeper
· Assists Program and users in developing usable stories and viable acceptance criteria
· Promotes a “here and now” perspective
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s Degree
CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: N/A
· U.S. Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust security clearance.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Math, Engineering and Science.
· 10 years of experience coding solutions in code Java and Middleware. Additional Object Orientated Programming experience with languages such as Python, C++ and PHP.
· 5 years hands-on experience designing and developing full stack solutions including client-side, server-side, and database.
· Prior working experience designing and delivering test automation for software delivery.
· Experience with Red Hat OpenShift, CI/CD DevOps, Containers, or Kubernetes
· Security experience related to web applications
· Strongly opinionated and confident with the technology and industry standards
· Prior working experience with code pipeline systems (listed or equivalent):
o Containerization (Docker);
o Spring, Hibernate;
o Code Deploy systems (Puppet or Chef);
o Continuous Integration systems, (Jenkins, Bamboo, or Travis);
o Git code management practices (GitHub, Gitlab, Bitbucket);
o Issue tracking (JIRA).
· Prior working experience building applications on cloud platforms including Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microservices.
· AWS certification or equivalent expertise (DevOps, SysOps, Developer, or Architect).
· 5 years of experience delivering Minimal Viable Products using Lean and Agile DevOps practices.
· 5 years of expertise in iterative development, leveraging continuous integration, scripting and automation for high performance development.
· Prior working experience with core Java and middleware development.
· Prior working experience with databases such as PostgreSQL, MongoDB, MySQL.
· Significant amount of front end, form development experience with Angular JS.
· Prior working experience with Enterprise Integration patterns, ESB (design, architecture and implementation).
· Demonstrated analytical skills.
· Must have extensive expertise in the DevOps development methodology and experience using many of the tools included in the Development/Test Tool Suite
· They will also be the lead on the requirements, design, development, testing, implementation, and documentation of enhancements.
· Technical leads will also evaluate technical trends and provide recommendations for technology and architecture to meet business objectives.
TRAVEL REQUIRED: N/A
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: N/A
· Advanced degree in Computer Science or Math, Engineering and Science.
If you feel you are qualified for this position, please go to # to apply.
Salient CRGT (Salient) is a leading provider of information technology, engineering and intelligence analysis services to agencies in the intelligence, defense, homeland security, and cyber domains.
Salient is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/AAP employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace. Salient prohibits discrimination against employees and qualified applicants for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, marital status, national origin, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws. Salient also participates in E-Verify. Click here to learn about the E-Verify Program.
For more information on Salient CRGT please visit us at #removed#
Salient CRGT is a leading provider of health, data analytics, cloud, agile software development, mobility, cyber security, and infrastructure solutions. Headquartered in Fairfax, VA, Salient CRGT has 22 offices, plus personnel in more than 270 locations across the United States and overseas.
Our 2,400 employees support these core capabilities with full lifecycle IT services and training, helping our customers meet critical goals for pivotal missions. We are purpose-built for IT transformation supporting federal civilian, defense, homeland, and intelligence agencies, as well as Fortune 1000 companies.
Salient CRGT offers excellent benefits, including 15 days PTO, 10 holidays, and tuition reimbursement. Medical, Dental, Vision, and Short and Long-Term disability are also offered.
Role: Technical Lead/Developer
Apply for this job now.