Statewide Transition Specialists Job Description
The Statewide Transition Specialist for Indiana's Department of Correction: Division of Youth Services provides oversight to all transition-related practices in the State's juvenile correctional facilities.
Job Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
· Monitor the implementation of a life skills curriculum, titled WhyTry.
· Update the Transition Coordinator Handbook in an effort to standardize the transition practices and support the work of our facility Transition Coordinators.
· Evalute the five "Transition Consultations" to be completed by every student under the guidance of an assigned teacher.
· Participate on a regular basis in Administrative Release Committees (ARC) in each facility to confirm and reinforce the student's reentry plans.
· The Transistion State Wide Director must complete the nationally recognized program to become an Offender Workforce Development Specialist. This program is offered by the National Institute of Corrections.
· The Transistion State Wide Director will represent the Indiana Department of Correction at many conferences and meetings.
· The Transistion State Wide Director will assist in the development of a partnership with Indiana's Department of Workforce Development.
· NDTAC, the National Technical Assistance Center for the Education of Neglected or Delinquent Children and Youth, explains that transition usually involves many transitions: from the community to incarceration and then back to the community.
Vergence is an emerging Federal Government Contractor and growing Information Technology & Healthcare services organization with corporate headquarters in Indianapolis, IN. Our leadership team has a combined 50 years of experience supporting some of the most tech-savvy organizations and largest healthcare providers in the country. This invaluable experience allows Vergence the ability to meet the needs of our customers on a project-to-project basis ensuring that these needs are met in a timely and cost effective manner.
Role: Transition Coordinator
Apply for this job now.