The LBC seeks a detail-oriented Development Operations and Database Manager (DODM) with excellent organizational and systems management skills, and a passion for the arts, to join its growing team. The DODM will be a part of an innovative development team tasked with meeting or exceeding annual contributed revenue goals, to ensure that the organization is sustainable in the short- and long-term. The candidate must be a problem solver, tech savvy, and thrive on providing exceptional customer service and strategic support for annual fundraising efforts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED.
- Oversees management of the Tessitura CRM donor and prospect database, accurately inputting confidential, computerized records of financial and in-kind donors, their giving, and other personal information.
- Acquire a high-level knowledge of Tessitura including performance monitoring and database maintenance for the Development Department.
- Optimize use of Tessitura, TNEW and Analytics for all fundraising processes, including production of monthly and yearly reports and any other pertinent analyses as requested.
- Using SQL solutions for custom data manipulation and automation, establish new fundraising reports and adapt ongoing reports to track giving levels, renewal rates, pledge collection deadlines, recurring gifts, and other data for renewing and new donors.
- Provide excellent data integrity throughout entire donor database process including initial input, as well as any updates, renewals, modifications and production of lists.
- Focus on gift administration, accurate list production for communications and donor recognition tools, and utilization of the dbase for prospect management. Communicate clearly with members of the Development and/or Marketing teams in these processes.
- Produce monthly revenue and expense reconciliation in collaboration with the Finance Department.
- Serve as primary liaison for the Development Department with Tessitura technical support.
- Troubleshoot problems, improve overall processes, and ensure deadlines can be met even during periods of heavy gift volume.
- Support other applications to interface with and/or migrate into Tessitura, such as Prospect2, Greater Giving, Mobile Cause, Wealth Engine, and others.
- Attend and participate in Development and Tessitura meetings.
To perform this job successfully, candidates must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability necessary for success in the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Associates degree (A. A.) or equivalent and 3 to 5 years database management experience and/or training, with demonstrated ability to input and maintain accurate and complete records of contacts and communications.
Minimum three years of experience with office communications software, specifically proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), Google Apps, Zoom and Tessitura software or other CRM or donor management system (e.g. Salesforce, Donor Perfect, Razor's Edge).
Proficiency with SQL.
Other Skills and Attributes
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to organize information and priorities
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and be able to start and resume work on projects, amid changing priorities, with capacity to meet deadlines.
- Possession of a collegial style that promotes teamwork, creativity and open communication.
- Ability to take complex information and present it in a simple, user-friendly way.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and sit. The employee is occasionally required to walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Possibly temporarily due to COVID-19
The Luther Burbank Center for the Arts values diversity in the workplace and is committed to creating an equitable and inclusive work environment where employees are treated with dignity and respect. The Luther Burbank Center for the Arts is an equal opportunity employer and maintains a policy of non-discrimination with all employees and applicants for employment. This position will remain open until a diverse and qualified pool of candidates has been identified. Applications from populations underrepresented in the arts are strongly encouraged to apply.
Powered by JazzHR