Company: GOLDFISH SWIM SCHOOL - MIDDLETOWN
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Are you looking for a great gig where the work is actually fun? Do you want to work somewhere you can get real job experience and make a difference? Check out Goldfish Swim School! We're a rapidly growing, award winning franchise that is not your typical company!
We change lives. We help children reach their goals. We wear flip flops. We work in a 90-degree pool. We love our employees and reward hard work with shout awards, gift cards and fun social events! We offer paid training and flexible shifts that are perfect for students or folks who want to grab extra hours without working late nights. Even better? Due to the rapid growth of our school, advancement opportunities exist for the right candidate.
- Leadership roles
- Flexible hours
- Great pay
- Valuable work experience
- Increased social opportunities
- Future references/referrals
- Ability to work with children
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills
- Must pass background examinations (included with training)
Job Title: Front Desk Customer Service Representative
Reports to: General Manager/Sales & Service Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Summary: Promotes quality customer service and processes sales and registration transactions. Acts as the first point of contact for potential and current Goldfish customers, and is responsible for presenting a positive image for the company.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answers telephones, responds to inquiries, takes messages and screens and directs phone calls in a professional manner.
- Processes student registrations using effective sales/customer service techniques.
- Schedules and manages birthday/pool parties. Supervises private party staff.
- Resolves customer concerns/complaints using a professional approach.
- Assists members with purchases of merchandise and vending.
- Greets parents and students as they report to the front desk.
- Checks in students on the attendance tracking system.
- Maintains cleanliness of the front desk area, Snack Shack area, changing areas, restrooms and observation area.
- Monitors Snack Shack area and provides guidance to Snack Shack staff.
- Checks voicemail and email correspondence and responds in a timely manner.
- Updates informational displays with accurate and timely promotions and literature.
- Provides occasional administrative support for management personnel, including the General Manager and Assistant General Manager.
- Makes collection calls to resolve open account problems.
- Prepares twice daily student lesson schedules for use by instructors and management staff.
- Enforces safety rules and regulations to prevent accidents. Administers first aid when necessary.
- Fulfills other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Employer.
Education/Experience: High school diploma or GED required. Some college preferred. Two years previous customer service and/or administrative office experience required. Intermediate level computer skills required using Word, Excel and other software systems.
Certifications and licenses: CPR, First Aid and AED certification required.
Work Environment: While performing this job, the employee is exposed to heat and humidity occasionally. Noise level is usually moderate.
All associated locations are independently owned and operated by a franchisee. Your application will go directly to the franchisee, and all hiring decisions will be made by the management of that franchisee. All inquiries about employment at this franchise should be made directly to the franchisee, and not to Goldfish Swim School Corporate.