One of Deschutes County’s top employers is seeking a Engineering Technician/Project Manager/Land Use Coordinator to join their team.
Where You Get To Live!
Bend is the gateway to the Central Oregon region. Surrounded by mountains, lakes and rivers, Deschutes County is an outdoor enthusiast’s paradise! Check out the sights and sounds of Bend at: #
What You Get To Do!
The Project Manager/Land Use Coordinator works in partnership with the General Manager to plan, direct, participate and oversee assigned projects of carrying complexity within the organization. This role will coordinate assigned activities with other departments and external partners and provide administrative and operations support to district management for assigned projects. In partnership with the General Manager this role will assist with implementing Board policies and programs, budget development and review.
· Assist with responding to water order items/issues, regulating water in the conveyance system to meet water supply needs of district water users, and to protect district water rights.
· Assist with the development and implementation of water operations goals, objectives, policies and priorities.
· Use and understand various mapping systems (electronic/paper) as it relates to project requirements.
· Design implementation of projects including the use of AutoCad.
· Investigate and develop methodology, process and procedure for tracking beneficial use of water.
· Review maps, deeds, legal descriptions, land surveys, easements and other technical information as it pertains to property rights and ownership.
· Explain, justify and defend special project operations, programs, policies and activities: negotiate and resolve sensitive and controversial issues.
What You Will Need!
· AA degree required, Bachelor’s degree in Engineering preferred. Ag Science and Land Use Management is a plus.
· Previous experience working with land use, engineering, surveying, construction/excavation, telemetry systems, water rights, GIS/GPS systems, agricultural operations and irrigation water measurement are preferred.
· Prior use of AutoCad is a must.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel and overall technical savvy
· Desire for a career role with tremendous opportunity for growth
· The ability to work independently and unsupervised in a sometimes stressful work environment.
· Outstanding communication and problem solving skills.
For confidential consideration, please submit resume to: #removed#
Express Employment Professionals is one of the top staffing companies in the U.S. and Canada. We help people find jobs and provide workforce solutions to businesses. Express provides a full range of employment solutions that include full-time, temporary, and part-time employment in a wide range of positions, including professional, commercial and administrative.
Role: Engineering Technician/Land Use Coordinator – Bend, OR
Apply for this job now.