As our new B2B copywriter, you’ll create content for our core customers across diverse mediums. Print, email, web, social media, editorial—from white papers to earned media opportunities, you’ll be responsible for shaping Precoa’s voice to its valued partners across the country.
Precoa has been one of the Oregonian’s Top Medium-Sized Workplaces for the last seven years. We have grown tremendously in that time, but are still a relatively small yet high-achieving marketing department where everyone wears a few hats. In addition to your primary duties as the B2B copywriter, you’ll contribute to copywriting or editing on projects for other audiences as well. If you’d describe yourself as someone who likes to help wherever you can—a copy chameleon with a helpful attitude—this may be a great fit for you.
Funeral preplanning is an unusual industry, but we find meaning in the work that we do to help families prepare for one of the most difficult times in their lives. If you have experienced the loss of a loved one, or even helped plan a funeral, you may have a deeper appreciation for the burden that preplanning helps alleviate. We’re setting out to change an industry, and we want to work with other people who are passionate about making a large-scale change in the way that people think and talk about funerals.
- Develop compelling copy that differentiates the brand, is right for our customers and helps to advance key initiatives.
- Understand how company strategy translates into concept and execution.
- Work closely with stakeholders and other creatives in Marketing and Business Development to plan and execute strategic B2B projects across a variety of mediums.
- Strategically develop consistent marketing campaigns across email, social media, print advertisements, tradeshows and conventions, etc.
- Play a pivotal role in developing our earned media strategy and execution.
- Plan and maintain our Precoa social media presence, including Facebook and Instagram.
What we’re looking for:
- 3+ years of professional copywriting experience, especially compelling B2B marketing copy
- Stellar collaborator with demonstrated experience working with diverse and remote teams
- Outstanding writing and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Accountability and self-motivation
- Excellent persuasive writing skills; able to adapt your professional writing style to fit the context
- Flexible during peak workload
- Ability to research topics and effectively synthesize a variety of information sources
- Must have a passion for doing meaningful work as part of team
- Strong editing skills
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred
Precoa is a national sales and marketing company within the preneed insurance/funeral planning industry. We establish partnerships with premier market leading funeral homes and implement a lead generation and marketing system called Proactive Preneed. Our goal is to help as many families as possible prearrange and put in to place intentional plans to help their families begin to heal at the time of loss.
Role: B2B Copywriter
Apply for this job now.