The Grocery Clerk is responsible for providing support to the grocery, dairy, frozen and beer/wine departments.
- Provides a high level of prompt and friendly customer service
- Receives product deliveries, ensuring order and invoice accuracy
- Assists with receiving, unloading, stocking, filling and rotating merchandise
- Stocks, rotates, merchandises and faces product according to department procedure
- Maintains back-stock areas according to department standards
- Assists in building displays; keeps shelves fully stocked and tidy
- Assists with training other staff as needed
- Has knowledge of weekly ad items; gives customers direction of product location throughout the store
- Maintains excellent communication with store management team and front end at all times
- General housekeeping in the department and in back room
- Assists with front end duties as needed (cashiering, bagging, cart runs, etc.)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- High school diploma or equivalent; or one to three months related experience and/or training; or acceptable combination of education and experience
- Reliable and dependable; ability to follow direction
- Ability to provide and receive constructive feedback
- Strong communication skills; outgoing and friendly demeanor
- Ability to perform repetitious activities
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and stay organized
- Excellent customer service skills and a positive attitude are essential to interact with customers and employees
- Ability to work varied hours/days as business dictates
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this position or that a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must vertically transfer milk trays weighing up to 60 lbs., from 9” to 62”, for up to 25 hours
- Must vertically/horizontally transfer boxes weighing up to 50 lbs., from 5” to 34”, for a distance up to 5 feet for up to 25 hours without mechanical assistance
- Must use Pallet jack to move pallets weighing up to 1000 lbs., requiring a force up to 50 lbs., for a distance up to 120 feet for up to 1 hour
- Must use a utility cart to move product weighing up to 500 lbs., requiring up to 25 lbs. of force, for a distance of 120 feet for up to 1 hour
- Must use a grocery cart to move product weighing up to 10 lbs., requiring a force up to 5 lbs., for a distance up to 120 feet for up to 10 hours
- An upper body force of 10 lbs. for up to 1 hour is required.
- Bilateral coupling forces up to 50 lbs. for up to 30 hours are required
- Will need to use a 2 step stool for up to 1 step per hour
- Repetitive squatting/kneeling/bending to access a point 6 inches from the floor for up to 30 hours is expected
- Standing continuously for 3 hours, for a total of up to 7 hours, is expected
- Will work inside controlled temperatures
- Vision required to read directions, use a box cutter and stock shelves
- The ability to walk up to 3 miles per 8 hours is required
This job may have specific physical demands including, but not limited to, the following: ability to lift up to 75 lbs.; ability to operate machinery with moving mechanical parts; and ability to bend, reach, kneel, squat, stand for a long period of time and push/pull heavy loads. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements. Sprouts' management reserves the right to amend and change duties, responsibilities, and requirements to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Role: Grocery Clerk
Location: Chula Vista,
Apply for this job now.