Accounts Payable ClerkCompensation:
$20.90 to $24.20 hourly
Accountemps is looking for an Accounts Payable (A/P) Clerk available to start immediately. Based out of the Raleigh, North Carolina area, the Accounts Payable Clerk will be a long-term temporary-to-full-time opening. In this progressive department, career growth and quick advancement is possible. The Accounts Payable Clerk will be expected to match and batch code invoices, resolve A/P issues, process expense reports, update and reconcile sub-ledger to G/L, and process checks.
What you get to do every day:
- Support the AP/Finance Department by completing administrative tasks
- Carry out daily processes and controls accurately and on time, and ensure compliance with company policies
- Sort, log, scan, and file invoices, checks, and other documents
- Carry out a full-cycle A/P
- Execute additional tasks as needed
- Validate, record and send checks, including expediting special handling
- Assist internal business partners with any customer services needs
- Open, sort, and deliver department mail on a daily basis
- Must have experience with Sage software systems
- 2-3 years of experience in accounts payable processing
- Comprehensive knowledge of Coding Invoices
- Command of bank reconciliations
- Strong familiarity with Posting Payments
- Accounts Payable (AP) experience
- Attentive, ability to work independently and prioritize tasks
- AA or BS/BA degree in Accounting, Business or similar preferred
- Prior experience in an A/P role preferred
- Demonstrated communication, customer service, and interpersonal skills, especially with both technical and financial backgrounds
- Competent with spreadsheets and databases
Accountemps, a Robert Half Company, matches skilled accounting and finance professionals with remote or on-site jobs on a temporary and temporary-to-hire basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was named to Forbes’ inaugural list of America’s Best Temporary Staffing Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.3195. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.