Metal Shark Boats seeks a Quality Assurance (QA) Lead.
- Directly reporting to the MSB Quality Assurance Manager, commanding QA employees at the facility, engaging suppliers and vendors on quality-related issues, and coordinating with regulatory and customer representatives so that positive relations are fostered, liaising positively and respectively with all personnel and representing MSB and the QA Department in a professional manner
- Utilizing existing Quality Assurance documents, tools and procedures to ensure all QA functions are being properly supported, executed, documented and reported to project stakeholders
- Proactively making recommendations for process improvements to increase efficiency and accountability and supporting the implementation of MSB’s Quality Assurance Program
- Analyzing contractual obligations and regulatory requirements to ensure MSB’s activities and products are in compliance and that QA deliverables are successfully completed on schedule
- Ensuring that product inspections, process audits and trials are conducted and documented thoroughly to successfully demonstrate under audit that MSB’s products are leaving the facility fully operational, effectively free from defects and evaluated under various working conditions
- Maintaining and archiving electronic and physical copies of all QA materials and making them available to internal and external entities as requested
- Conducting product inspections, process audits, and producing documentation of them to successfully demonstrate that MSB’s products are leaving the facility fully operational, effectively free from defects and evaluated under various working conditions
- Working knowledge of industry and regulatory rules, requirements, classifications and customary practices
- Coordinating and scheduling vessel trials and delivery trips as needed
- Training QA and facility staff as needed to properly complete QA documents and functions
- Possessing proficiency with Microsoft Office software suite, specifically Excel, Word and Outlook
- Providing availability outside of standard operating business hours, such as nights and weekends
Metal Shark is a leading shipyard supplying custom vessels for commercial, defense, and law enforcement applications worldwide. The company traces its origins to 1986, when Jeanerette, Louisiana-based Gravois Aluminum Boats began producing custom welded aluminum fishing boats for recreational anglers and commercial fishermen. Over the years, the Gravois family developed a loyal following among demanding Gulf Coast fishermen due to the rugged quality of their boats, which were often highly customized to suit the buyer’s needs.
More than simply a boat builder, Metal Shark serves as a top-to-bottom solutions provider, routinely partnering with our customers to assist in all phases of boat buying, building, delivery, and ownership cycles. From working together to determine the perfect boat for their mission requirements, to on-water delivery and training, customers trust Metal Shark to be with them every step of the way.
Role: Quality Assurance (QA) Lead
Apply for this job now.