Director of Data Science
#1 BioTech Company
Greater Los Angeles, California
$130,000 - $170,000 Base + Bonus & Benefits
One of the largest BioTech companies in the world is building out their Data Science team, and are looking to hire top talent for the Director of Data Science in their greater LA Area site. Your voice and role will play a huge role in helping support their scaling and success. You will be working with big data, and working with cross-functional teams in order to inform impactful business decisions. This business unit operates at an arm's length from the Senior Director of Analytics, and the Data Science teams work directly with portfolio managers on providing analytical solutions to help investment strategy decision making. The group deals with everything data, from the ingestion and enrichment of the data, to the normalizing, tagging and development of models. This is an opportunity to surround yourself with like-minded, data-centric individuals and play a role in making an impact on a multi-billion dollar BioTech company.
· Develop Machine Learning Algorithms that power the decision making.
· Liason with PMs, stakeholders, and Business Leaders to understand the problem they want to solve - then go get the data and do it!
· Share knowledge and collaborate with like-minded data scientists to ensure the best practice and principals are being implemented and carried out.
· Advanced degree in bio and/or mathematic related field (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics).
· Expert level Python coding, NLP, and Machine Learning.
· Extensive experience with data manipulation and machine learning tools (Python, TensorFlow, Keras, Spark, sklearn, etc.).
· Expertise around the development and scaling of various machine learning architectures (including deep learning).
· Strong communication and leadership skills.
This firm offers extremely competitive salaries, RSU buy out plans, fully-paid health-care benefits, 401k matching, relocation package, cash bonus, and much more with respect to taking care of their employees. Resumes are being considered on a first come first serve basis, and interviews are already being conducted.
Glocomms is a security and technology specialist recruitment firm. Our experts focus exclusively on areas such as ethical hacking, data science, SaaS sales, and software engineering and service clients across North America.
We are broken down into micro-specialized markets so as to provide the most amount of value possible for our clients and candidates. We offer a flexible approach for contingent and retained searches and have teams focused on both permanent and contract openings.
Role: Director of Data Science
Location: Los Angeles,
Apply for this job now.