- Startup gas or oil-fed boilers.
- Observes pressure, temperature, and draft meters on a panel to verify specified operation of automatic or manual combustion control systems, feed water regulators, pumps, fans, and blowers.
- Turns valves and adjusts controls to set specified fuel feed, draft openings, water level, and steam pressure of the boiler.
- Observes boiler and auxiliary units to detect malfunctions and makes repairs, such as changing burners, tightening pipes and fittings, cleaning burners, repacking pumps, and making all minor maintenance repairs to the boiler house.
- Tests and treats boiler feed water.
- Dumps salt into the brine tank and operates water softeners and condensate polisher systems.
- Maintains a log of meter and gauge readings and records data such as water test results and quantity of fuel consumed.
- Checks stacks for smoke opacity.
- Monitors air compressors.
- Lube and oil boiler house machinery.
- Maintain boiler house in a clean and orderly fashion.
- Troubleshoot boiler house problems.
- Monitors wastewater treatment area
Congoleum manufactures residential and commercial resilient products that are engineered with state-of-the-art manufacturing equipment and that demonstrate Congoleum’s styling and design leadership.
Role: Boiler Operator
Apply for this job now.