Company: SYNEOS HEALTH - USA
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
This position is responsible for directing and coordinating statistical programming activities, providing leadership to directors, associate directors, managers and other personnel within Statistical Programming, regarding the direction and performance of the team, through multiple layers of management and senior level staff. The Senior Director Statistical Programming supports the company's mission, vision, and values by demonstrating excellence, competence, collaboration, innovation, respect, commitment to community, and accountability. They are accountable for setting the strategic direction of the department, meeting departmental financial targets, interacting with clients, and coordinating with other departments regarding programming services to ensure client satisfaction through relationship management and successful execution of projects.
- Directs the development and dissemination of standards, policies, and procedures promoting standardized and consistent operating procedures to maximize the efficiency of the Statistical Programming department.
- Ensures that the global Statistical Programming department meets timelines, provides high quality deliverables, complies with contractual project requirements and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and conducts projects within budget.
- Effectively coordinates with company counterparts to ensure consistency in operations.
- Oversee development of direct reports by setting goals, managing performance, evaluating and monitoring training needs, supporting development plans, mentoring, and coaching
- Provides support and training to team and department. Facilitates succession planning and maintains a leadership team with diverse skills, abilities, and competencies, meeting the business needs of Statistical Programming.
- Responsible for recruiting/interviewing, hiring, onboarding, transferring, and terminating staff.
- Prioritizes activities across Statistical Programming projects and facilitates mutually beneficial resolutions to project conflicts between groups or individuals, creating solutions to address business and operational challenges.
- Meets with Statistical Programming management team routinely to evaluate and develop solutions for project resourcing, quality, timelines, budget, standard processes, and training needs. Keeps senior leadership informed of decisions and issues which impact the department.
- Provides input to forecasting and planning activities for department with input from other Biostatistics/Statistical Programming leaders.
- Supports the implementation and maintenance of global Statistical Programming business and clinical applications.
- Works together with Statistical Programming management to maintain metrics for key activities within the assigned areas.
- In collaboration with VP and other Statistical Programming/Biostatistics senior leaders, establishes department-level initiatives.
- Actively supports business development activities.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
- Some travel may be required.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent preferred, ideally in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, or related field.
- Extensive experience in programming in a clinical trial setting, or an equivalent combination of education and experience with increasing levels of responsibility.
- Progressive management experience and demonstrated leadership ability across regions.
- Project Management experience preferred.
- Proven ability to effectively prioritize projects, recruit and develop staff, and manage resources.
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills, with an ability to inform, influence, convince, and persuade.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English.
As a healthcare company we have an important responsibility to protect individual and public health. This position will require individuals to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as part of their job responsibilities, unless an exemption can be confirmed based on a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief. Submission & Approval of an Exemption does not guarantee that an exemption can be accommodated.This job excludes Colorado applicants
Tasks, duties, and responsibilities as listed in this job description are not exhaustive. The Company, at its sole discretion and with no prior notice, may assign other tasks, duties, and job responsibilities. Equivalent experience, skills, and/or education will also be considered so qualifications of incumbents may differ from those listed in the Job Description. The Company, at its sole discretion, will determine what constitutes as equivalent to the qualifications described above. Further, nothing contained herein should be construed to create an employment contract. Occasionally, required skills/experiences for jobs are expressed in brief terms. Any language contained herein is intended to fully comply with all obligations imposed by the legislation of each country in which it operates, including the implementation of the EU Equality Directive, in relation to the recruitment and employment of its employees.