Our client, a diverse international organisation based in Oxford, seeks a Group Treasury Manager for its head office team.
Working closely with the Group finance team and reporting into the Group Chief Accountant, the Group Treasury Manager will be accountable for the global delivery of world-class treasury services across the Group, and all its businesses.
You will be accountable for all aspects of establishing, developing and managing the company's treasury function including treasury governance, banking relationships, cash management, foreign exchange (FX), hedging and regular reporting of figures for the leadership team.
In addition, you will help reduce financial risk by developing mitigating strategies, support credit risk management and coordinate implementation of new solutions, policies and procedures as well as gain a good understanding of the business's trade financing arrangements and manage ongoing requirements and banking relationships.
This is a varied role that will require the balance of technical knowledge and excellent interpersonal skills to make sound strategic and operational decisions.
Good opportunities exist for development and growth within the role and wider organisation.
Applicants should come from an international Treasury Management background, ideally within the engineering / manufacturing sector, and ideally have experience of establishing and managing a treasury team. Whilst a relevant tax or accountancy qualification would be preferred, accountants with relevant and demonstrable experience will be considered on merit.
Skills / Experience / Attributes:
- Relevant professional qualification- ACT, ACA, CA, CPA, ACCA or equivalent
- Extensive experience in treasury within an international Group - ideally engineering / manufacturing
- Restricted currencies exposure
- Strong accounting and treasury knowledge covering International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) collateral management and custodial/banking
- Experience of either management or supervising other members of staff
- Experience of treasury reporting to senior management/Board of Directors
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate financial information
- Strong IT skills including Excel and finance systems