Company: NEWSTONE TALENT SOLUTIONS
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
A highly reputable trade association business in Central London is looking to appoint an experienced and versatile Financial Controller on a permanent basis. A high level of proficiency with Xero is essential.
Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Financial Controller will assume day to day responsibility over the accounting function within a small head office environment. Primary responsibilities will include producing management accounts, budgets and cash flow forecasts.
The successful candidate must be available for an November 2020 start.
Financial Controller Key Responsibilities:
- Preparing Quarterly Management Accounts - comparison of actuals versus budget including associated commercial commentary
- Managing the annual budgeting process including presentation of budget summaries and long term spending plans to Executive Management
- Compiling cash flow forecasts
- Supporting the Director of Finance in managing various portfolios including investments, property management and the pension scheme
- Preparing year end Financial Accounts for the organisation and its associated interests
- Completing VAT returns and liaising with external advisers across the Corporation tax piece
- Supervising all outsourced General Ledger activity using Xero software
- Recording all purchases and supplier payments whilst preparing all sales invoices on Xero
- Monitoring aged debt and following up on overdue payments
- Bank reconciliations and fixed asset accounting within Xero
- Overseeing the monthly payroll
- Successfully coordinating various Cloud based system activities
- Qualified finance professional (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) or Qualified by Experience
- Advanced knowledge of Xero with the ability to demonstrate significant user proficiency
- Healthy appetite in terms of wanting to understand various Cloud based systems and associated integrations
- Demonstrable accounting experience - both Management & Financial Accounting and extended trial balance
- Attention to detail with the diligence required to work to tight deadlines and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Emotionally intelligent with the ability to influence both internal and external stakeholders
This constitutes an excellent opportunity for someone looking for a role where they can make a mark and deliver meaningful results, whilst working within a company with exciting plans for the future. A November 2020 start is essential.
Select benefits include:
Highly competitive salary up to £65,000 per annum
Pension, Health Care, Life Assurance
Continuous Professional Development