* Please visit # to apply for this position *
The Supervisor's primary duty is to oversee the daily operation of the supported employment program for adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities and mental health issues. The supervisor is responsible for planning, developing and directing the program to meet the needs of the individuals who are receiving services. Social, physical and emotional needs are addressed by the professional and administrative staff.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develops and supervises the supported employment program for individuals with disabilities and/or mental health challenges.
- Participates in screening, assessment and job placement recommendations.
- Participates in the daily activities of the program as needed, including assisting with the care of employees' personal needs, such as toileting, dressing and eating.
- Is responsive to safety needs of the individuals being supported (i.e., choking, positioning, etc.)
- Coordinates services with Vocational Rehabilitation, LME/MCO's, Care Coordination staff, and other service providers.
- Ensures confidential records are maintained on all individuals including annual goal plans, progress notes, task analysis and case notes, etc. as dictated by the funding source and regulations.
- Maintains cooperative relationships among the stakeholders including but not limited to VR, LME/MCO's, Care Coordination staff, individuals who are receiving services, families, other service providers, and employers.
- Responds to safety needs of individuals receiving services (i.e. choking, positioning).
- Conducts review of documentation requirements through random reviews of all services offered by their program, no less than one time per week ensuring that documentation regulations and requirements are being followed.
- Recruits and hires direct reports, providing training, supervision and evaluation.
- Coordinates staff communication through regular staff meetings.
- Ensures that all staff and/or volunteers receive all training as dictated by agency policy, funding source and regulations.
- Maintains up-to-date confidential records on all personnel and informs them of their rights and responsibilities as administrative staff members.
- Approves staff schedules, time sheets and expense reports, documentation, etc.
- Recruits therapists and consultants and determines with the Program Manager the terms of the contracts based on program needs and budget restrictions.
- Coordinates the schedules of therapists, consultants, and administrative staff to meet the needs of individuals receiving services.
- Evaluates future staffing needs with the Program Manager/Program Director, budget for and hire appropriate personnel.
Physical Space/ Equipment Oversight
- Maintains contact and communication with the owners and others occupying the physical office space.
- Maintains awareness of the owner's requirements and deals immediately with appropriate personnel regarding any problems related to building use.
- Supervises the repair, maintenance, and cleaning of equipment and physical space.
- Selects and purchases supplies and equipment for the business, obtaining approval when necessary.
- Maintains an up-to-date inventory of business equipment and available material.
- Assists the supported employment program by providing accurate information to interested community organizations and citizens.
- Facilitates the acceptance of the supported employment programs in the business community.
- Acts as a consultant to facilitate better services in the community for the individuals with disabilities.
- Develops annual program budgets and maintains accurate records of all budget revenue and expenses to ensure that budget projections are met.
- Requests approval from the Program Manager for all expenses that exceed $500 or that are unplanned or unusual expenses. This includes adding additional staff, equipment, space, etc.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of current contracts, grants and agreements.
- Maintains the petty cash account accurately.
- Is familiar with pertinent guidelines and requirements and is responsible for full compliance with those requirements such as Wage & Hour, ADVP, OSHA, DSS standards.
- Reports all data as indicated by the business' monitoring agencies, using all prescribed methods.
- Keeps the Program Manager/Program Director informed on all issues of importance.
- Maintains regular attendance and punctuality, manages use of PTO time, and follows all policies and procedures regarding time off.
- Follows all ESUCP Policies and Procedures.
- Must demonstrate Easter Seals valued behaviors of Accountability, Commitment and Caring as appropriate to position.
- Completes required training within prescribed timeframes.
- Attends appropriate work related workshops, in-service trainings, and conferences.
- Performs related duties as requested
Job Coaches, Community Resource Trainers, Job Coach, Team Lead, Community Resource Trainer Team Lead, Employment Peer Mentors, Data Entry Specialists, Employment Services - Administrative Assistant, Employment Services - Receptionist, Billing Coordinators
- A degree from a USDOE or CHEA accredited four year college or university in human service field such as education, guidance and counseling, social work, psychology, vocational rehabilitation, occupational or physical therapy or prior experience supervising a supported employment program.
- Two (2) years of experience working with individuals with disabilities
- One (1) year of business administrative experience, including specific experience in budget development and oversight.
- Certified Employment Support Professional designation preferred.
- A valid, unrestricted, state appropriate driver's license and a good driving record and be insurable is required.
- Must have reliable transportation that will allow movement throughout the program delivery area.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and exercise good judgment.
Please visit # to apply for this position and also learn more about how EasterSeals UCP North Carolina & Virginia helps children and adults with disabilities or mental illness and their families, and our other job opportunities!
Role: Program Supervisor
Apply for this job now.