Estimator - Competitive Salary - Newcastle
SPIE UK, a smart engineering and technology-driven solutions provider for the built environment, are looking for an Estimator to be responsible for managing and delivering tender and estimating opportunities within the Fire and Security department.
The successful candidate will help SPIE maintain its leading status within the industry by consistently delivering a pricing structure and contracting standard compliance across all key areas exceeding business performance targets.
The key responsibilities of an Estimator include, but are not limited to:
- Preparing and assessing the requirements for producing tenders and budgets, establishing associated costs.
- Developing rates, prices and incentive schemes for inclusion in tenders, in accordance with commercial strategy.
- Compliance with contracting standards, job costs, expected/minimum margin to ensure profitable returns to the business.
The key skills and qualities of an Estimator:
- Experience estimating and negotiating within Fire and Security industry, with demonstrable commercial awareness of the fire and security/electrical industry.
- Experience in completing and submitting Quotations, Bill of Quantities and tenders.
- The successful candidate must possess clear and confident written and verbal communication skills.
- The successful candidate must be highly effective at problem-solving, with a high level of self-motivation, a can do attitude, organisational ability and drive to meet deadlines.
- Computer literacy including: Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Core competencies include: providing direction, leadership, drive for excellence, teamwork, planning, organising, executing, commercial awareness, risk management, communication skills, and customer awareness.
SPIE UK is a smart engineering and technology-driven solutions provider for the built environment. Through the convergence of digital technology and the built environment, we engineer, manage and optimise smart spaces and places, improving where our customers work, learn and live.
SPIE UK's Smart City solutions serve the needs of urban clients, whereas our Smart Workplace solutions optimise the performance of commercial business and industrial facilities, while maintaining sustainability.
If you are keen on joining this exciting, forward thinking company and taking the next step in your career, then please click the apply now button to find out more.