You will be instrumental in enabling your colleagues and delivering benefits to protect our customers from becoming victims of fraud. Your job will entail designed and delivering on platform solutions that accelerate and modernise the delivery capability for the department. Collaboration, automation and scalability will be pivotal in your role and your ability to deliver consistently in line with industry standard methodologies will be paramount. You will be encouraged to support and assist colleagues more junior than yourself and help them grow in their role.
Are you someone who is interested in having your work impact millions of lives and also have fun while doing it? If yes, come help us build the bank of the future.
Lloyds Banking Group is changing. We're rapidly transforming into a digitally-led business on a massive scale in order to better serve our customers. We're already the largest provider of digital banking products in the UK, with over 12 million active online customers and nearly 8 million active mobile banking customers. It means a big opportunity for you to be part of ground-breaking transformation and it means there's never been a more exciting time to join.
With our breadth, reach and diversity, we can offer excellent opportunities for career growth and development. You get plenty of support but it's about taking the initiative, building relationships and making it happen. Do this and you can help us make a positive difference to our customers, our colleagues and our communities.
What you will do:
- Be a key driver in protecting our customers and defending them from fraudulent events
- You will design, build and maintain a reliable, scalable, secure and resilient platform
- Collaborate with other DevOps engineers in improving the overall quality of product build, deployments, monitoring and alerting
- Help implement a pragmatic CI / CD strategy to incorporate the entire product development life cycle
- Setup the pipeline to build and release our microservices as well as help in adapting legacy systems to benefit from DevOps practices
- Strategically, you will help us move from our existing stack to a container focused pipeline
- Coach other engineers on DevOps culture and practices
- Educate both technical and non-technical colleagues about DevOps
- You will work closely with our test engineers to help develop test automation
- Strong DevOps/SRE background and deep knowledge of agile development practices, automated builds, code quality metrics etc. You appreciate and acknowledge the impact of system design decisions on scalability, resilience and supportability
- Experience across the entire software development life-cycle from design, through build to production and monitoring
- You are proficient with continuous integration/continuous delivery and understand how to get to continuous deployments
- You are proficient in at least one scripting language like Python or Ruby and experienced with Infrastructure As Code using Terraform, Chef Or Ansible
- Strong experience with Docker containers and some experience with container orchestration tools like Kubernetes or Rancher
- Production experience with monitoring and logging tools like Splunk, UrbanCode, AppDynamics, Prometheus, DataDog, PagerDuty and secret management tools like Vault, CyberArk
- You have knowledge of multiple deployment and release methods like Canary, Blue/Green, A/B
- Experience working in a cloud environment with ephemeral infrastructure
- Experience with GCP would be preferred
If this is you, come and join our inclusive, values-led culture dedicated to making a difference.
Together we'll make it possible...
So what can we offer you in return
Whatever your dream, you can also expect excellent benefits, personal development and a career that's enriching and full of opportunity.
We're also passionate about diversity and providing genuine equal opportunities...
You'll also receive a package that includes
- Discretionary bonus up to 30% of base pay
- Cash sum of 4% which you can exchange for a variety of benefits or simply take the cash
- Private Medical Insurance
- Pension, where we'll give up to a max of 13%
- Share plans
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays
Are you passionate about joining us? Apply today, we'd love to hear from you...
Role: Dev Ops Engineer
Job Type: Permanent
Apply for this job now.