MidPen is building the future of affordable housing. Combining beautifully designed communities with life-transforming services for our residents, we’re on a mission to help our partners, residents, and employees see what’s possible. We believe community is the key to a healthy and successful collective future, and we are changing the world from our own backyard!
MidPen’s Senior Services team members are committed to improving the quality of life and well- being of our residents. Team members partner with service providers in each community to empower the residents to “Age-in-Place” independently, and safely, for as long as possible.
The Services Coordinator helps to promote programs and advance service objectives at the assigned property under the direct supervision of the Program Manager. The Services Coordinator acts as the integral link between resources and referrals available through service providers for residents.
Your day to day:
- Resident Provide General Service Management from intake, education on services available, assistance with application procedures, and referral of residents to service providers in the community. Services may include meals-on-wheels, transportation, home health aides, homemakers, financial assistance, counseling, preventative health screening, and other needed services.
- Housing Success/Eviction Prevention: Orient new residents and assist with accessing Rent/Utility assistance, Case Management, Housekeeping services, and other connections to resources required to prevent notices and evictions when possible. Assist and monitor residents to ensure satisfactory tenancy.
- Development of Resource Directory: This directory is tailored to the needs of the community and may include a listing of state and/or local service providers that residents can contact for assistance.
- Implementation of a series of educational presentations (aka curriculums) around topics relating to health care, agency support, life skills, referral sources; etc.
What you bring:
- Bachelor A Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, Gerontology, or Health Education preferred (Combination of education with equivalent work experience accepted)
- 1-2 -year of experience as a Service Coordinator or experience coordinating services for older adults/elderly
- Working knowledge of resources, referrals and community based services in the area served
- Ability to advocate, organize, problem-solve, and provide excellent customer service for the residents they serve
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; bilingual ability is a plus
Life at MidPen:
When you join MidPen, you join a team of passionate, committed individuals. Whether you work at our corporate office or onsite at one of our communities, MidPen employees help transform lives from day one while enjoying the following benefits and perks:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Competitive vacation, sick, and personal holiday accruals
- Long-term disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Great work-life balance, including a wellness platform and program
- In-house trainings and external classes supporting professional development
- Company outings and team-building activities
- Creative collaboration in a fast-changing and crucially important industry
- Financial counseling and generous discretionary retirement contributions
At MidPen, we seek those with good hearts and great minds - those who share our dream of providing affordable housing to all. We are guided by five core values that shape our interactions with our partners, residents, and each other:
Integrity: We provide accurate, timely information, manage our company resources responsibly, and conduct all aspects of our business honestly and fairly.
Collaboration: We work as a team that seeks out and honors diverse opinions, ideas, and skill sets in order to achieve common goals. We understand that individual success is linked with our collective success.
Accountability: We follow through on the commitments we make to one another, our partners, our residents and our communities. We deliver specific, defined results and take responsibility for the consequences of our actions or inactions.
Respect: We treat our employees, residents, vendors, partners, investors, and the community in which we work with dignity. We welcome social and intellectual diversity and we recognize and value the unique contributions made by our diverse stakeholders.
Excellence: We set and strive to meet a high standard for quality, professionalism and competence. We create a work environment that inspires extraordinary work, recognizes results, and gives everyone a chance to make a difference and share in the organization’s success.
We want you to be part of #TeamMidPen. Find more than a job. Find a community. Apply today!
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled Employer
MidPen Housing is a non-profit organization that develops high-quality affordable housing communities, professionally manages the properties in those communities, and provides services to residents. The three affiliated corporations are MidPen Housing, MidPen Property Management Corporation and MidPen Resident Services Corporation.
To provide safe, affordable housing of high quality to those in need; to establish stability and opportunity in the lives of residents; and to foster diverse communities that allow people from all ethnic, social and economic backgrounds to live in dignity, harmony and mutual respect.
We have established a list of core values which guide our work and culture: how we treat one another, our residents and our partners. We believe that upholding these values will help MidPen achieve operational excellence and will create an environment where employees feel valued and inspired to their best work. Our values are Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect and Excellence (ICARE).
Role: Services Coordinator -DeVries Place
Apply for this job now.