A Truck/Trailer Technician’s job is to efficiently troubleshoot, service and inspect Sterett’s trailer equipment. The Trailer Technician usually works under direct supervision and expected to work long hours with frequent standing and moving. Possible exposure to extreme heat or cold external temperatures, and subject to working weekends and holidays. The main focus of this position is to service trailers and trailer equipment. Overnight travel could be required.
· Responsible for operation of trailers used in heavy transport;
· Responsible for personal safety and safety of co-workers;
· Responsible for assembly, configuring, and disassembly of trailers;
· Responsible for daily inspection of all systems of the trailers;
· Responsible for monthly safety inspection of trailers;
· Perform preventative maintenance as required to ensure safe and continual service of trailers and on trucks;
diagnostic tests for routine maintenance procedures and determine a course of action for damaged parts and systems.
Repair malfunctioning components, retrofit engines, change brakes, adjust steering systems, replace worn-out parts and change hydraulic fluids.
· Responsible for personal compliance with company policy, safety guidelines and procedures that pertain to the trailer operator’s job;
· Participates in safety meetings and other trailer safety programs;
· Works with manager to ensure all transports are within load limits of equipment and correctly secured;
· Operates trailer equipment to transport materials and equipment in a safe and efficient manner;
· Responsible for operating or assisting in operation of trailers for specified projects;
· Perform DOT Inspections;
· Responsible for servicing/replacing brakes, lights, floors and tires;
· All other responsibilities and tasks as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record;
- Possess a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent;
- 1 -2 years of experience preferred;
- Ability to interpret manufacturer specification sheets and schematics
- Must be able to pass a drug test, background check, and fit for duty test.
· Prefer candidates with a minimum of a technical college degree;
· Candidates with mechanical aptitude and the ability to work under pressure preferred;
· Prefer candidates with proficient oral and written communication skills, technical skills, and functional skills.
Sterett Crane and Rigging has dedicated the past 65 years to providing quality service, personnel and equipment to the Midwest Region. Committed to customer satisfaction, we strive to deliver an efficient and professional service experience to our customers. Born out of a family-owned construction company started in 1949, we have grown into an industry-leader serving greater than a 300-mile radius from our home office located in Owensboro, Kentucky. With state-of-the-art equipment and a highly trained workforce, we have created an impeccable reputation for professionalism, quality service and safety.
Role: Truck/Trailer Technician
Apply for this job now.