COMPANY: CARNEGIE CONSULTING
JOB TYPE: Permanent, FullTime
SALARY: GBP50000 - GBP60000 per annum + bonus and benefits
Real Estate Property Accountant - Fund Administration
My client is a growing international financial services company that provides services to Real Estate Fund Managers across the globe with offices in over 11 international locations and works for over 300 funds across over 30 countries.
Reports to: Client Services Senior Accountant
- Preparation of consolidated accounts under IFRS including all elimination journals
- Day to day responsibility for the management of designated Real Estate Clients
- Review quarterly and annual financial statements and reports
- Work closely with your Line Manager and Technical & Training Team to ensure financial statements meet the Fund's reporting requirements, e.g. UK GAAP or IFRS
- Contribute ideas to improve processes to either gain efficiencies or reduce risk
- Oversee the preparation and completion process of Client deliverables including agreeing timetables with Clients, and thereafter monitoring progress against these to ensure deliverables are on track
- This role provides high quality service and support to the Front Office (FO) team for Real Estate (RE). All deliverables must be of the highest quality and submitted on time, meeting Client's and Front Office colleague's expectations.
- The role holder will create an environment that motivates direct reports to learn and develop, supporting them to become Client Services Accountants.
- They will be a subject matter expert of RE Fund Structures accounting and administration processes, helping to identify improvements to the processes and general efficiency of the department.
- The role holder will ensure that KPIs are developed, implemented, met and reported quarterly in accordance with agreed SLA's
- University Degree in Accountancy/Business/Maths or otherwise demonstrable strong aptitude for numeracy
- ACCA or ACA qualified or qualified by experience (3+ years relevant experiencing in fund accounting / administration)
- 3+ years' experience working in a professional office environment, preparing and reviewing financial statements under IFRS from source books and records. Ideally working in financial services or accounting practice working on multiple client relationships
- Strong experience in the review of working paper files and Financial Statements including disclosures
- Previous experience in the preparation of financial statements and working paper files
- Technically strong and experience in applying IFRS standards to accounts, including IFRS 9
- Experience working with auditors and managing year end audit process
Key behaviours expected
- Relationship building
- Team working
- Taking ownership
- Effective communication
- Excellent organisational, prioritisation and interpersonal skills
- A strong 'Can Do' attitude and ability to lead by example
- The ability to cope with multiple tasks and produce accurate work under the pressure of tight deadlines
- Intermediate Excel and systems skills