Ashton Woods Homes is one of the nation's largest private homebuilding companies, with operations in Atlanta, Austin, Charleston, Dallas, Houston, Killeen, Naples, Orlando, Phoenix, San Antonio, Sarasota, Raleigh and Tampa. Recently named the #1 Most Trusted Homebuilder in America, Ashton Woods is known throughout the industry for building homes with award-winning designs that inspire, and offering homebuyers unrivaled personalization options. Ashton Woods is also the only builder to nationally utilize the Environments for Living Platinum Program, which certifies the energy efficient status of our homes.
Reporting to the Vice President of Sales & Marketing, this position is responsible for assisting in the development and delivery of Sales and Marketing goals to maximize the Divisions profitability and operating metrics. The primary goal of the General Sales Manager is the recruitment, development, retention and achievement of the neighborhood(s) business plan and goals. This position is also to train and prepare through experience and mentoring to ultimately take on the position of Vice President of Sales & Marketing.
Major Functional Responsibilities:
- Recruiting, Hiring and Retention of Sales Talent
- Sales Training and Development of Sales Talent
- Leveraging Technology Tools and Systems (CRM/ Marketing Automation, Dynamic Builder/LMS/Sales Performance)
- Participant in the Design, Analysis and Execution of Compensation and Reward programs
- Collection and Competitive Analysis used for neighborhood positioning
- Consumer/Community Sales Manager voice in the Product Evaluation/Design processes
- Merchandising (Models/Signage/Collateral Materials/Advertising)
- Neighborhood level Marketing/Budget Development and Control
- Deliver Stated Business Objectives
- Sales Training and Development in the Sales Offices and at Sales Meetings
- Effective Implementation of Advertising and Incentive Campaigns
- Improving the Results of Community Sales Managers
- Understanding and Utilizing Web Based Campaigns
- Annual Budget Development and Planning
- Matching Customer Desires with Products and Services
- Human Resource/Management Best Practices
- Communication of Simple and Complex Topics
- Exceptional Customer Service
- Deliver the Division budgeted sales objectives at or above the % CM contained in the annual budget.
- Participate in Weekly Backlog Meetings and Drive Accountability to ensure a high quality of Purchasers in Backlog
- Ensure that all contracts add to Division profitability.
- Leverage the approved Lender Marketing Agreements to utilize the best programs to provide customers with competitive financing options.
- Ensure competitive pricing and product in all communities - chart competition monthly & price to market.
- Build and maintain a disciplined sales force that sells homes, enhances operational efficiency with clean contracts and promotes customer satisfaction. Ensure Community Sales Managers actively aid the building and administrative teams to reduce cycle time and minimize conflicts with customers.
- Train sales team regularly to enhance selling skills, set customer expectations and maximize profitability.
- Participate in the product development process to include prototype walk refinements.
- Drive the performance of the Sales Team to deliver Division Customer Satisfaction goals.
- Administer the sales, contract and if necessary, speculative home process to ensure a quick start time.
- Awareness and ownership of sales and marketing expenses to keep them at or below annual budget amounts.
- Provide feedback and coaching to Community Sales Manager based on video shops, real shops, Sales Fusion and mortgage trainings.
- Participate in conducting an annual and semi-annual review with all direct reports.
Desired Candidate Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in business or related fields
- Valid Driver's License is required
- Minimum two years' experience in New Home Industry with on-site sales experience
- Experience in a highly focused Customer Engagement and Satisfaction model
- Prior experience as a sales/marketing manager with a volume builder with past closings of 200+/year
- Computer Literacy with proficiency in CRM/Sales Performance Management systems
- Market analysis skills (to include supply/demand and demographic data)
- A strong desire to succeed and solid leadership skills