COMPANY: CONFIDENTIAL COMPANY
JOB TYPE: Permanent, FullTime
CARERS / SUPPORT WORKERS WITH BRAIN INJURY EXPERIENCE
Highly motivated, enthusiastic carers / support workers required with initiative, excellent working knowledge and experience of acquired brain injury, to support our client living in her own home.
You will need skills to motivate, inspire and support our client to reach her potential. You will be working with the Case Manager to ensure the smooth rehabilitation and support for the client to maintain her independence and to facilitate an active lifestyle.
- You will need to ensure that excellent quality care is delivered. You will need extensive knowledge and experience of supporting people with their acquired brain injury rehabilitation and to have a working knowledge of care planning and standards relating to social care.
- You will work as part of a care team and your duties will include client care tasks and activities and team meetings.
- You will need to be able to work on your own initiative. Excellent communication skills and I.T. skills and the ability to confidentially liaise with a range of professionals and therapists. You will have your QCF/NVQ Level 2/3 or be working towards it.
- You will need to be flexible with your working hours and willing to cover for sickness/absences if they arise and cover the 24/7 shift patterns which include long shifts, weekends and nights. Having a clean full driving licence is essential.
- Due to the nature of this post, a DBS check will be undertaken for the successful applicant, but only with their prior consent. Two references will also be required.
- Experience with hoisting/electric wheelchair
- QCF/NVQ2/3 or equivalent
- Able to drive an adapted vehicle
- Good communication skills
- Clear English speaking, due to client difficulties
- Excellent understanding and working knowledge of acquired brain injury
- 2 years’ experience of working in the community