COMPANY: EQUITY FC
JOB TYPE: Permanent, FullTime
SALARY: To c. £100k + bonus/benefits
Our client is a market leading provider of trusted technology to the worldwide financial industry. By applying artificial intelligence and a deep sector knowledge they offer highly effective support to this sector. The organisation has an international footprint with teams based in Europe and the Far East. They are PE backed with an ambitious growth agenda and are looking for a Group Head of Finance to partner the CFO and Senior Management Team within the organisation. You will play a critical role in developing robust reporting with a multi-entity business. There is a need to implement a new finance system and improve control and reporting. The expectation is that initially you will focus upon the reporting and control framework, but the role will develop to support growth, commercial insight, FP&A and value creation. This would suit a progressive accountant with a desire to gain exposure to Private Equity and looking to step up to CFO.
- Play a key role in the transformation of the finance function. This would involve implementing a new system that provides high quality information and meets audit requirements
- Manage the month end close process and prepare monthly consolidated management accounts and Board pack (P&L, balance sheet, cash flow and KPIs) including detailed commentaries.
- Closely manage the cash and treasury function: focus initially will be on regular cash forecasting but longer term will involve managing and optimising currency risks
- Work with the CFO and the business to identify and develop suitable KPIs to measure performance of the R&D and Services teams. To provide granular data and analysis to fully understand current and future positions
- Create true customer profitability analysis in order to support and challenge the business and feed into pricing decisions/policies
- Execute on the Group’s Transfer Pricing policies ensuring monthly cross entity charges reflect policy. Work with CFO and external advisers to ensure continued defensibility against the ever-changing international tax landscape
- The maintenance of accurate group consolidations, accounting records and preparation of financial statements for audit
- To Business partner the business in a constructive way, driving continued commercial performance and value creation.
- To develop and maintain robust, reliable and value-added financial forecasts and reporting processes
- The maintenance of policies and procedures to ensure effective and robust internal controls
- Work with the CFO supporting strategic initiatives, price reviews and address investor requests
- Manage, motivate and develop the transactional Finance team
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- You will be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) with strong technical accounting/controlling experience
- A solid academic background educated to degree level
- Visible work ethic, drive, resilience and energy – naturally work at pace
- Ability to take initiative and own all finance issues
- Able to build relationships and accustomed to working effectively with external advisors, culturally flexible and able to work in an international organisation
- Be able to communicate financial matters to the business with clarity and transparency
- A self-starter, flexible, trustworthy, reliable, driven and hardworking
- A desire to be in a highly visible role where change is on the agenda
- The desire to travel, initially up to 60% of time
- A committed team player with a strong commercial outlook and a hands-on approach
- Strong technical skills and excellent excel skills
We are committed to encouraging and celebrating applicants from different backgrounds, whatever their gender, ethnicity, race, religious and political beliefs, education, socioeconomic background, disability, sexual orientation and geographical location to promote diversity and inclusion in the workplace.