Do you want to enable children and yong people who have been taken into care to have the best possible start in life? Are you enthusiastic, resilient, and driven to enrich and make a difference in the lives of young people?
Vetro Social Care are recruiting for a Childrens Support Worker for a 3 bedded Children's home in Appleton, Warrington with immediate starts. You will be working alongside an experienced team of Managers and Support Workers to provide the best possible care for the children in the home.
- Title: Childrens Residential Support Worker
- Pay: £9.90 - £11.00 per hr (sleeps paid at £70)
- Location: Appleton, Warrington
- Hours: Flexible (long days, sleeps, earlies, lates)
- Entry into our Golden Ticket draw to win £500 every quarter
- 24-hour registration - register from the comfort of your own home
- Holiday pay- paid weekly or accumulated in a holiday pot
What you'll be doing as a Childrens Support Worker
- To support the children and young people in all day to day activities and interests
- To assist with leading the team, rotas, supervisions and supporting the manager
- To promote the young persons independence and wellbeing
- To attend weekends away, holidays and trips away with the Children
- To attend weekend and evening activities to support the children and young people in their interests.
- To protect the children and young people from any risks to their health and welfare
- To provide emotional and practical support to the young people within your home.
- To ensure the safety of young people by maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of care plans and guidelines
- To support, overcome and learn to minimise incidents when behaviour can be challenging .
The successful candidate:
What you'll need to be successful as a Children's Support Worker
- A desire to create positive outcomes for vulnerable children and young people
- Empathetic, caring and resilient nature
- At least 1 years experience of working with children or within a similar Social Care setting
- Valid UK Driving Licence
- Hold a current Enhanced DBS on the update service or willing to obtain one
- The right to work in the UK
Do you want to make a real, measurable difference to the lives of young people? If this sounds like your dream role, we would love to hear from you. If you think you're right for this Children's Support Worker role, then click the 'apply' button below.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merit alone.