A service dispatcher is the central communications position of the branch. Operating in a fast paced, exciting environment, the position is directly involved in handling customer inquiries, qualifying customer needs, and supervising the technical service team in a manner that provides maximum productivity and customer satisfaction.
- Explaining situations clearly: Provides clients and team members with the information they need to make informed choices about repairs.
- Dealing with conflict : Defuses conflict effectively without giving in or backing down; uses conflict as an opportunity to solve problems.
- Interpersonal savvy : Displays a high degree of tact and diplomacy; builds good rapport with clients; can explain the causes of mechanical failures in a way that is informative but not accusatory.
- Reading others : Picks up quickly on clients’ reactions; figures out where their hot buttons are and what will make them happy.
- Active listening : Pays careful attention to the client’s problem and asks appropriate clarifying questions; lets the client or operator explain him/herself completely; can restate a conversation accurately.
- Demonstrates empathy : Understands the client’s problems and concerns and displays a motivation to be helpful.
- Accommodating to clients : Balances client’s and own organization’s needs to make sure that the client is satisfied.
- Level-headedness : Keeps cool under pressure; maintains an even temper when the client seems to be upset.
- Honest and trustworthy : Builds a reputation as a person who is consistent and direct while still seeking to be helpful.
- Displays insight and intelligence : Shows superior ability to identify solutions where others cannot; thinks technically but can also translate thoughts into plain language for others.
- Develops technical knowledge : Possesses and maintains knowledge of the equipment with which s/he will be working; learns new things quickly and can apply the knowledge on the job .
- Documenting actions and results : Writes reports of actions taken in a clear, concise way that the client and the office understand easily.
- Staying on task : Keeps focused on important activities; moves quickly from one job to the next .
- Managing the schedule : Determines how long a repair will take and sets/changes other appointments accordingly; anticipates problems and adjusts schedule to compensate .
- Multitasking : Can stay focused on several activities at the same time and switch between tasks quickly.
- Follows rules and regulations : Ensures that s/he understands the organization’s rules and follows them consistently.
Tri-Lift, Inc. has been in business for over 50 years. We are four locations strong with the most talented employees and have received the Prestigious Dealer of Excellence Award from Caterpillar for the past 8 years. We represent Caterpillar, Mitsubishi, Jungheinrich, Linde, Big Joe and several other Industrial Truck OEM's.
Role: Service Coordinator
Apply for this job now.