Job Description Location - Edinburgh In a nutshell
As the Senior Modelling Analyst, you'll be a key member of the Credit Risk Modelling team, who manage the Bank's credit models for all lending products. These include application and behaviour scorecards as well as the IFRS9 provision models (PD, EAD and LGD models). You'll be responsible for developing accurate and reliable statistical models as well as adding value and insight through data analysis and mining. What you need to do
What you need to know and show
- Development of accurate and reliable credit risk statistical models (together with the associated documentation). Manage the timescales, co-ordinating meetings and take the lead in the project, making sure the project complies with the Model Standards, where applicable. Liaising with external suppliers when required.
- Provide advice and support on statistical modelling techniques within the team and to other areas of Sainsbury's Bank, undertaking ad-hoc data analysis and data mining to investigate specific areas of concern and provide information in an appropriate format for the audience.
- Liaise regularly with business areas to keep abreast of new business initiatives and proactively highlight any potential modelling or scoring changes to Management, helping to shape the modelling strategy.
- Produce regular model performance monitoring, ensuring comparisons are accurate, pertinent and relevant for all Retail Credit Risk models, both Application and Behavioural. Put forward recommendations to management.
- Keep abreast of research techniques, attend academic forums and where possible initiate projects to evaluate the benefits new credit risk quantification techniques may bring to risk management practices. Keep abreast of all regulatory and legislative changes.
- Highly numerate with a degree in a mathematical/statistical/engineering discipline.
- Experience in the development of statistical/optimisation modelling solutions.
- Experienced and competent in the use of computer-based software statistical packages (e.g. SAS or SPSS) and/or data mining applications. We will support you through the Base and Advanced SAS certification programmes.
- Experience in the development, application and implementation of powerful credit risk quantitative techniques (e.g. regression, stochastic processes, etc.) in an industry where statistical prediction is of strategic importance.
- Comprehensive knowledge of consumer lending products and markets. Experience with a well-regarded credit business is highly desirable.
- Ability to work accurately to tight timescales.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Able to convey technical issues to non -technical colleagues.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Experience in the financial services industry.
- Well organised and able to prioritise workload in line with tight deadlines and work effectively under pressure
- Excellent team player with ability to working closely with others to deliver results
- Customer focused
- Proven track record of working on own initiative, with the ability to introduce fresh thinking to the role and the wider team.
- Strong relationship management skills
In addition to the all-important competitive salary, pension & bonus offering, we totally get that life outside work is important to us all. So we want to shout out some of our other great benefits...
A little about us & our culture
- We offer flexible working to help you achieve a good work/life balance.
- Opportunity to buy extra holidays is on the table.
- Discounts on your weekly shop, buying a laptop or sofa? We've got it covered through your Sainsbury's, Argos and Habitat store discount card.
- Cycle to work scheme and great coffee and cake!
We're proud of our heritage as the UK's first supermarket bank. As digital technology drives the banking landscape we want to be at the cutting edge of this technology, offering award winning innovative digital banking products to our customers. Technology is where we see our growth therefore we need innovators to join us and drive the next phase of our evolution.
We're a friendly bunch who collectively share a passion to make our customers' financial lives easier. As part of the wider Sainsbury's Group, being one of the UK's most trusted brands, it brings our colleagues a wealth of opportunities to fulfil their potential. Here, you can be part of something bigger and help to create a new approach that puts the customer at the heart of everything we do.
It's important that our colleagues reflect the diversity of the communities we serve. Our inclusive recruitment policy means we're committed to training and developing all our colleagues, treating everyone fairly and equally when they come and work with us.
As this role involves working within a regulated environment any offer will be subject to satisfactory background checks including criminal record check, credit check, fraud check and employment references.