Closing Date: 26/09/2021
The Games' Business and Community Readiness programme is a critical part of ensuring that the city and region, the citizens who form it, and the businesses that operate within it, can continue to operate and exist as normal during Games time.
This role plays a critical part in the development and delivery of the Games Readiness programme. The programme is about keeping the city and affected areas around the Games venue portfolio moving, operational, and alive during Games time. This position will be working closely with other city and region-wide partner organisations that are delivering the Games, as well as the other functional areas across the Organising Committee.
The Games Readiness activity will be a sustained citizen and stakeholder facing programme to ensure that relevant people, parties, and places are informed of the correct and accurate information about the Games impacts, at the right time, through the relevant channels. It will work in partnership with the Community Engagement team to deliver the many benefits that the Games brings too.
- Develop the Games Readiness programme and lead a team that will deliver this over the next phase of Games execution
- Work closely with the partner functional areas of the Organising Committee
- Act as the key point of contact for Games Readiness, developing and building strong and positive links with local stakeholders in and around the venue portfolio.
- Work intrinsically with the Community Engagement and Communications teams, delivering an integrated programme, as a matrixed team that is trusted by and interfaces with other functional areas
- Work with wider Games Partners and colleagues on Readiness initiatives around key Games programmes
- Support the successful delivery of the Readiness plan, reporting on performance, including monitoring against KPIs, and outputs.
Skills and Experience
- Experience of dealing with local or national stakeholders during public engagement
- Experience in managing projects with numerous moving parts, delivering to agreed timelines and budgets.
- Previous Games, events, or major multi-sport experience that has involved interfacing with a complex and widespread group of stakeholders
- Proven track record in delivering high-impact public-facing projects / activity.
- Experience of working in Games Readiness, community engagement, stakeholder relations, or communications
- A problem solver with a pragmatic approach. You will have the ability to adapt to any situation that involves communications.
- Understanding of the types of impacts that a Games has - from the overlay, to transport, to road events, through to live sites
- Ability to deliver clear communications, be able to network and demonstrate ambassadorial skills.
- Educated to degree level
- Experience of working in a political/ALB and/or regulated environment/ sector.
Start date: ASAP
Location: One Brindley Place, Birmingham (Office-based)
This position is subject to a Basic criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Birmingham 2022 is an equal opportunities organisation and Disability Confident employer and we encourage applications from all backgrounds and communities. We have achieved the Leaders in Diversity award through the National Centre for Diversity. The principles "FREDIE" (Fairness - Respect - Equality - Diversity - Inclusion and Engagement) support our aim of delivering a truly inclusive and accessible games.
As part of our commitment as a Disability Confident employer, we offer a guaranteed interview to anyone with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. If you wish for your application to be considered under the Disability Confident scheme, please submit a completed form with your application, which can be found on the Birmingham 2022 jobs site under the current vacancies drop down.
To apply for this role please follow the link and complete the application attaching a single document containing your CV and Covering Letter. Please also submit your disability confident/ reasonable adjustments form (if required).
On occasions where we receive a large number of applications, we may close the advert ahead of the publicised closing date. We would therefore advise that you submit your completed application as soon as possible.
We take your data privacy seriously. Before sending your application please review our applicant privacy notice which explains how we use your personal data. This can be found on the Birmingham 2022 jobs site under the current vacancies drop down.