Creating value by bringing together the right people to achieve results is our motto. Our clients and employees say they choose to work with us because of how we work with them - with service that exceeds their expectations and a personal commitment to their success.
Temp Merchandise Buyer/Planner Assistant
Duration: 3 - 6 Months + Possible Extensions
Location: San Ramon, CA - Onsite (Mon- Fri)
Next level skills and experience preferred
- Specialty retail experience specifically in buying and or merchandise planning. Knowledgeable of retail math and retail lingo
- Professional and confident demeanor for communicating independently with vendors
- Comfortable seeking out others for answers on their own
- Ability to draw conclusions from data
- Advanced Excel skills, intermediate PowerPoint skills, familiarity with MicroStrategy
Basic skills and experience:
- Previous corporate specialty retail background highly preferred
- Intermediate Excel skills are a MUST - spreadsheet creation inclusive of formulas, formatting, vlookups, pivot tables, links, etc.
- Attention to detail, accuracy. Proofs own work, corrects mistakes before disseminating
- PowerPoint, at least novice level skills. Can create, format, and edit slide decks
- MS Outlook, calendar management and scheduling
- Strong follow up skills without having to be reminded
- Strong time management, hits deadlines without having to be managed to do so
- Aptitude to learn database reporting systems, e.g. MicroStrategy
Basic job responsibilities:
- Prepare and disseminate business performance reports
- Update daily tracking of deliveries against PO’s
- Enter PO receipt quantities into merchandising system
- Assist with uploads of replenishment parameters
- Manage product samples - request samples as needed, unpack and organize incoming, dispose properly of obsolete samples
- Send product knowledge forms to vendors for completion. Follow-up on their return. Review for accuracy and completeness.
- Create apparel “look books”, properly formatting product images and populating with product information
- Pull data as needed ad hoc reporting
- Create sign requests, organize and cross reference sign proofs to requests for approval process
- Compile new vendor information, update changes to existing information
Next level responsibilities, less clerical in nature, commensurate with skills and maturity
I'd love to talk to you if you think this position is right up your alley, and assure a prompt communication, whichever direction.
If you're looking for rewarding employment and a company that puts its employees first, we'd like to work with you.
NOTE: Candidates that are offered a position are required to pass pre-employment drug and background screening. Qualified candidates with criminal histories, are considered in a manner that is consistent with local, state and federal laws.
Our client, an American biotechnology product development company, seeks an accomplished “Drug Supply Coordinator”
Role: Merchandise Buyer/Planner Assistant
Location: San Ramon,
Apply for this job now.