Sensory Interactive is looking for a Project Engineer with construction management and oversight experience to join our team in Austin Texas. We are in search of a motivated professional with stellar communication skills, attention to detail and the ability to take ownership of a project from pre - development through completion. This individual must be able to bring order to complexity, embrace challenges, deliver excellence to Sensory Interactive's clientele in a significant customer facing role. The ability to actively manage multiple projects and travel frequently is a necessity for Sensory Interactive's Project Engineer. Additionally, a professional that is adept at assimilating new technologies, methodologies and a broad spectrum of diverse projects will prove successful in this role.
Sensory Interactive works with some of the world's largest and most prestigious real-estate developers, healthcare organizations, corporations, professional sports teams, and public institutions. Our high-profile projects include digital urban experiences, interactive educational exhibits, sports arenas, and Times Square LED spectaculars. Additionally, the Sensory Interactive team specifies the technology to operate these systems and, in many cases, serves as the operational team for our clientele's assets.
The Sensory Interactive team works at the edge of digital media technology and interaction design to create the industry's most memorable and compelling digital media environments.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a minimum four-year degree in architecture, construction science, or civil engineering with at least three to five years in a project engineer/assistant project manager role.
- Participation on one or more project teams supervised by a senior project manager.
- Manage the timely and efficient completion of assigned work, including coordination with other Sensory Interactive team members, consultant team members and clients.
- Participate in development and execution of Requests for Proposals on behalf of clients.
- Participate in creation of project development budgets.
- Become knowledgeable and remain current on an understanding of the workings of digital media installations and content management systems.
- Research, evaluate, and understand manufacturers' and suppliers' available products, technological advancements, etc.
- Work to production deadlines and meet clients' requirements.
- Travel as required, assisting in management of projects and project teams. Potentially up to 50% travel required.
- Experience working directly with general contractors and sub-contractors to coordinate and resolve project issues.
- Experience in developing, understanding and administering contracts.
- Experience working directly with building owners and ownership groups.
- Experience developing and working with project budgets and schedules.
- Experience reading and interpreting architectural drawings and submittals.
- Experience researching and working with codes and criteria.
- Experience with a range of building types and uses.
- Experience throughout the design, documentation, specification, bidding, procurement, and construction processes.
- Must be self-motivated and have an eye toward anticipating issues before they become problems
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to resolve technical issues in rapidly-changing industries.
Familiar with Mac platform and the Office suite of products
Sensory Interactive is a consulting firm that designs and implements digital media projects for the built environment. We provide owner representation services from initial concept through operations for large-format digital out-of-home projects, sponsored promotional platforms, and multi-user interactive walls.
We have learned from experience that owners unfamiliar with digital media are often challenged to efficiently steer a project from design and programming through construction and long-term operation. In response, we have built our business on guiding clients through the full development and implementation process for dynamic media environments.
Role: Project Engineer
Apply for this job now.