EYFS / KS1 Transition Teaching Assistant
Supply Desk are proud to be in partnership with Stockport Schools and are seeking Teaching Assistants to support in EYFS/ KS1.
We are looking for those who are looking to work with EYFS and KS1 students who are transitioning into new classes and who have had a considerable break from education following the school closures in March 2020 due to Covid19.
Returning to school after more than 5 months off is going to leave some children struggling to transition and they will need additional support. We are looking for compassionate and patient individuals who can work with children to keep confident in their new settings and to help them ease into a routine.
Some children you support will have additional needs including Autism, ADHD and behavioural issues. Some children will be in process of having an EHCP approved, or may just be beginning the process.
Responsibilities and duties
- Supporting children with feeling happy and supported in school
- Assisting individual with lessons and whole-class activities
- Working with teachers and other support staff
- Liaising with parents and caregivers
- Assisting with communication skills (knowledge of Makaton, PECS, sign-a-long or similar will be helpful)
- Assisting with social and emotional development
- At least 6 months of recent experience supporting primary and/or EYFS aged children in an education setting
- Previous SEN experience
- You will be patient, compassionate and confident
- Have a DBS on the Update service or be happy to do a new one (£45)
- Able to work 8.30-3.30, 5 days per week, term time only
If you feel this is the role for you or are keen to discuss our other vacancies please send an up to date CV to #removed# / call Hamza now on 0161 832 8092!