LARGE GOODS VEHICLE DRIVER WITH HIAB (PREVIOUSLY KNOWN AS A HGV DRIVER / LGV DRIVER - YORK - BASIC SALARY AND EXCELLENT BENEFITS
A Large Goods Vehicle Driver with HIAB (previously known as a HGV Driver) / LGV Driver required for our client who is a leading UK business.
Celebrating 20 years of growth in the UK, our client employ approximately 2500 brilliant people and we work from around 150 branches around the UK.
Our clients Group's portfolio of businesses incorporates a number of market leading brands within the building and plumbing industry.
What they are doing about COVID-19
Like most businesses, they have had to change the way they do things to make sure all colleagues are working safely during COVID-19. As a Driver, your job means you will interact with lots of different people during the day, so they have introduced a set of Safer Operating Procedures which include:
- Additional PPE supplied to you to ensure a clean and sanitized vehicle
- Kerbside deliveries
- No delivery signatures required
- Social distancing in place in all of their branches
- Regular cleaning of your cab
The provision of a timely, friendly and dependable delivery service to our clients customers. Act as an ambassador of our clients business, working as part of a team ensuring that our clients customers' expectations are not just met, but exceeded.
Key Responsibilities: To:
- Provide an efficient, timely and dependable delivery service.
- Undertake manual loading on and off vehicles.
- Ensure that the vehicle is road worthy by carrying out appropriate checks on a routine basis.
- Ensure that the vehicle, crane or forklift is driven and maintained in an appropriate and courteous manner and in line with legislation, health and safety guidelines and company policy.
- Report any vehicle, crane or forklift defects immediately to line/branch manager.
- Ensure that tachograph and other essential documents are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Build effective working relationships with customers acting as an ambassador for the clients business.
- Responsible for ensuring all orders are correctly loaded onto the vehicle in line with health and safety procedures and proper documentation is completed prior to departure in order that goods can be tracked.
- Ensure that delivery notes have correct signatures as per company policy.
- Actively safeguard against theft of company goods or property by being security conscious at all times.
- To perform any other duties as may be deemed necessary or as may be required by the company.
- Working from the York branch with deliveries in the local area (no long haul or nights!!)
- As a Large Good Vehicle Driver you MUST have a current Class 2 (Category C) LGV licence AND experience of a similar role
- A current Driver Qualification Card (DQC) is essential.
- Lorry Loader (HIAB) licence and experience
- You should be prepared to use initiative when delivering orders to ensure that the customer's needs are met whilst not compromising health and safety regulations.
- Should be willing to be flexible in duties undertaken e.g. warehouse duties, as and when required.
- Be naturally curious to spot those sales opportunities
- Live within a commutable distance to the York branch.
- A Competitive Basic Salary
- 23 days annual leave
- Company bonus scheme
- A contributory pension scheme
- A fantastic discounted shopping website
- A generous staff discount scheme