Summary: Responsible for performing all maintenance and repair for property buildings to preserve structural and physical integrity.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Completes work orders by applying knowledge of building operating systems such as HVAC, security and sprinkler systems, fire alarms, plumbing, heating, electrical and any other related setup to perform maintenance, preventative maintenance and/or repairs.
- Apply proper construction and maintenance techniques and ability to use power and hand tools to perform repairs/maintenance/renovation including:
- Vinyl floor covering
- Wall molding
- Countertops and cabinets
- Window screens and blinds
- Interior and exterior doors
- Electrical circuits, receptacles, breakers, switches and fuses
- Light fixtures
- Appliance (ie. stoves, refrigerators, washers & dryers, and fuses)
- Toilets, sinks, vanities, disposals, drains, and sewer lines
- Minor drywall damage
- Sub-flooring, insulation, wall studs and floor joists
- Gutters, down spouts
- Interior/exterior painting
- Rodent control
- Work mandatory overtime, on a rotating schedule, responding to service calls after hours under any adverse working conditions, and make informed and accurate decisions.
- Assist contractors in the performance and completion of their work.
- Identify and report unusual or hazardous situations to management to preserve the structural integrity of the building.
- Maintain building interior by painting, cleaning and performing other necessary upkeep duties as scheduled.
- Respond to complaints in a professional manner as appropriate.
- Monitor maintenance/repair related supplies and report needs to management.
- Maintain equipment, supplies and company vehicle in good working order.
- Assist Property Manager with eviction processes and any other resident related requests.
- Assist Grounds staff with snow removal. Work overtime when required to ensure all snow is removed in accordance with state statutes.
- Follow job related safety guidelines as prescribed by training guidelines.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Type I and II CFC Certification for HVAC preferred
- ACCA Certifications-Refrigerant Transition & Recovery
- Asbestos Training
- 1-2 years of Maintenance experience at an apartment complex
Role: Maintenance Technician
Apply for this job now.