Company: GREATER ELGIN FAMILY CARE CENTER
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Greater Elgin Family Care Center (GEFCC) is a multi-site federally qualified health center providing comprehensive medical, dental and behavioral health services within the Chicagoland area. Our mission is to provide quality, affordable health care for all including those without the ability to pay. We currently have health centers in Elgin, Wheeling, Hanover Park, Streamwood, Sycamore, DeKalb and McHenry. We are financially and programmatically stable and are continuing to grow. We are Joint Commission Accredited and are PCMH Certified. For more information, I encourage to visit our website, #removed#
This is a great job opportunity for a Medical Assistant who is either experienced, a recent graduate, or is looking to get back into the medical field. In this position, you'll be able to contribute to your community and make an impact in a patient's life. If this is you, keep on reading.
The primary purpose of this position is to provide patient care, patient follow-up, laboratory duties and assistance to providers and nursing staff.
How You'll Help Patients
- Escorts patients to examination rooms and prepares patients for examination and treatment.
- Performs and documents daily set up, stocking, maintenance of appropriate supply levels, cleaning of all clinical areas and equipment (including the washing and sterilization of instruments).
- Processes and labels laboratory specimens for area reference laboratories; accurately completes lab requisitions.
- Sets up and performs all CLIA waived lab tests.
- Ensures compliance with GEFCC quality assurance and risk management standards.
- Provides patient education as directed by provider, including providing instructions for laboratory, radiology and other medical testing/procedures.
- Retrieves laboratory and other test results and submits for review by provider as necessary.
- Follows all Primary Care Medical Home (PCMH) policies and procedures.
- Provides care in age appropriate fashion according to specialty.
- Report to all scheduled work sites and shifts on time and fully prepared to engage in all job responsibilities; location of work sites and shifts will change at the discretion of the supervisor.
- Engage in all offered training, consultations and supervisions made available. Follow and fully implement Corporate Compliance Program. Fully and professionally respond to and implement directives and advice offered by all supervisory and training personnel, as well as professionally offered feedback from coworkers.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Perks Just For You:
- Paid Training
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance, Short-term and Long-term Disability
- Paid-Time Off (Vacation, Sick, Personal, Holidays)
- Employees have qualified for Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF)
Is Competitive and varies depending on experience and certification
What You'll Need
- High School Diploma or GED Certificate
- Graduate of accredited Medical Assistant Program
- Current BLS CPR Certification
- Current Medical Assistant Certification is preferred
- Bilingual in Spanish is preferred, but not required