Route Driver position entails delivering palletized, refrigerated freight in the Southeast region which could include SC, GA, AL, and Northern FL. Backhauls within a reasonable distance from the last stop are included in the route when applicable.
This position is responsible for but not limited to making the store deliveries to the customers within the agreed upon window and providing exceptional customer service.
Please complete your online application at the link below
The job will include, but not be limited to:
- Follow all work rules, procedures, safety rules, and regulations.
- Follow DOT rules and regulations at all times while operating company equipment.
- Maintain proper ELOGs using provided technology.
- Follow rules for proper care and maintenance of equipment
- Obey safety rules pertaining to lifting and handling of product and equipment as well as personal safety behavior
- Maintain standards of cleanliness and proper dress code, i.e. uniforms.
- Report to supervisor all problems that interfere with a proper and safe work environment.
- Maintain required contact with the dispatch for work schedules, route assignment, credit issues, and all other needs as they arise.
- Review all pre-trip paperwork for accuracy such as; invoices corresponding with merchandise, route sheets for store numbers, C.O.D.'s
- Collect on all C.O.D.'s upon delivery to the customer when applicable.
- Conduct a DVIR of tractor and trailer before leaving and upon returning to the yard.
- Unload and check all pallets for accuracy at the time of delivery.
- Obtain signatures on paperwork from the customer along with a store stamp if applicable.
- Return all paperwork to dispatch at end of the day.
- Check the temperature in the trailer during the course of the route to ensure the product is being transported at the proper temperature.
- Clean out the trailer of all returns and reclamation upon return to the yard, and place in designated area for grocery or perishable
- Must wear approved footwear when performing delivery activities.
- Immediately report any accident and or incident to supervisor and follow proper protocol
High School Diploma or Equivalent - CDL A License required
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Must have a CDL class "A" license
- 1-year minimum verifiable tractor trailer driving experience.
- Can read and speak the English language sufficiently to understand traffic signs and law enforcement, official
- Must be able to operate an electric pallet jack, manual pallet jack, two-wheel hand truck, Thermo King Unit, sliding the fifth wheel and sliding tandem wheels
- Be able to load and unload pallets of product from the trailer
- Must know and follow all state and Federal DOT regulations
- Must have a good driving record not exceeding 4points.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
- The physical requirement, nearly all work is performed outdoors.
- Job frequently requires sitting, handling objects with hands, standing, walking, reaching, talking, hearing, and lifting over 100 pounds.
- Pushing and pulling items with a resistance of up to 1500 pounds
- Stooping, bending, twisting, and reaching may be required in completion of job duties.
- Perform in environments with temperatures ranging from -22 degrees Fahrenheit to 100 degrees Fahrenheit
- Use repetitive motions, using upper and lower extremities, mount and dismount equipment
- Routine deadlines; usually sufficient lead time; variance in work volume seasonal and predictable; priorities can be anticipated; frequent interruptions are present; involves occasional exposure to demands and pressures from persons other than an immediate supervisor.
- Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
Full Tier Benefits!!
Sun Commodities, Inc., with its headquarters in Pompano Beach, Florida, operates as the Sun Group of Companies and is a privately-held organization majority owned by Hillandale Farms. A leading producer of fresh fruits and vegetables
Role: South Carolina CDL Class A Drivers Wanted For Local/Regional Routes.
Apply for this job now.