MCS Automation is a designer and installer of Automation Systems. We are looking for a bright, energetic, Senior Electrical Controls Engineer to help lead our Controls Engineering team. Goal oriented individuals with strong work ethics are the ideal candidates for this role.
Ideal candidates should be experienced in designing, developing, and supervising all aspects of electrical control and automation systems. Candidates with experience in all Controls fields will be considered, however the most desired candidate will have experience working in the material handling or baggage handling industries. Candidates should have the below qualifications:
- Candidates should have current, hands-on experience with Programmable Controllers. Five or more years of experience is preferred.
- Expertise in the latest AB ControlLogix/CompactLogix is preferred, however, other PLC platforms will be considered as well.
- Experience in HMI/SCADA programming is beneficial (Iconics, Indusoft Web Studio, RSView, WinCC, Proface).
- Candidates must demonstrate a working understanding of design, layout and use of current networks such as devicenet, profibus, Ethernet/IP.
- Candidates must have current experience with the rigors of on-site startup/commissioning.
- Candidates should have the capability to develop and/or follow a project plan knowing the importance of setting and meeting milestone dates.
- Design work is required. The ability to work proficiently within the ACADE environment will be beneficial when being considered as a candidate.
- All PLC controls industrial experience will be considered. However working with material handling carton conveying systems or airport baggage handling is a plus.
- Experience in writing descriptions of operations and development of controls based physical layouts is expected.
- Willingness to work weekends, overtime and to travel is a must. 20% ~ 30% travel is to be expected.
- Take a leadership role in System Design and Implementation
- Program, debug, test, and document PLC and SCADA Software solutions.
- Maintain current and accurate documentation of systems
- Provide project management and technical leadership to assigned projects.
- Consistently maintain positive budgets on assigned project functions.
- Oversight of contractors assisting in the installation and delivery of systems.
- Troubleshoot and maintain new and existing control systems for customers.
- Perform all work in a manner consistent policies, procedures, and standards.
- Knowledge of Allen-Bradley, Omron, and other PLCs
- Knowledge of Industrial Communication Networks such as DeviceNet, Ethernet/IP, DH+, and Modbus.
- Knowledge of Ethernet networks and networking
- Experience using AutoCAD
- Skills or experience using Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and Access
- Ability to be creative and resourceful in obtaining solutions to uncommon applications
- Ability to effectively work independently in a team atmosphere
- Excellent time Management skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities is required
- A strong customer service orientation is required
- Desire to work in a very “hands on” environment
- A valid driver’s license without restrictions is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or engineering technology in a related field.
- 6+ years of experience in control system engineering is best
MCS Automation is a Full Service Systems Integrator with the following capabilities:
Control & Power System Design; PLC & PC Programming; HMI Development; Panel Fabrication; Electrical Installation and Commissioning.
Role: Senior Electrical Controls Engineer
Location: Lakewood Township,
Apply for this job now.