Professional Plumbing Group (“PPG”) manufactures and distributes high quality plumbing products and expert solutions to create best-in-class customer experiences. The PPG umbrella has three national brands with Speakman, Wolverine Brass and PlumbMaster and a history stretching back 150 years in the plumbing industry. While distinct in customer base and value proposition, the three brands share a passion for innovation and customer service excellence. The company is headquartered in Conway, SC, and operates in Concordville, PA. PPG has started a transformation process into an agile, solution-oriented organization with best-in-class sales capabilities. Professional Plumbing Group is a portfolio company of Dunes Point Capital (DPC).
Position Title: IT System Administrator
Reports To: VP of IT
Location: Concordville, PA
POSITION SUMMARY DESCRIPTION
The IT System Administrator is to oversee and maintain all aspects of the company’s computer infrastructure. This includes maintaining networks, servers and security programs and systems.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide technical support for both hardware and software issues users encounter
- Manage the configuration and operation of client-based computer operating/phone systems
- Monitor the system daily and respond immediately to security or usability concerns
- Create and verify backups of data
- Respond to and resolve help desk requests
- Upgrade systems, applications, and processes as required for enhanced functionality and security issue resolution
- Administrate infrastructure, including firewalls, databases, malware protection software and other processes
- Review application logs
- Install and test computer-related equipment
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Extensive experience with VMware, Windows Server and Cisco Call Manager
- Advanced knowledge of system vulnerabilities and security issues
- Ability to work flexible hours and respond to help desk requests after hours
- High integrity.
- High intellectual curiosity.
- High passion for results.
- Strong resiliency.
- Collaborative and team oriented.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Strong combination of intelligence and self-awareness.
- Process oriented and data driven
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
- 2+ years’ experience in system administration
- Associate of higher degree in a related field
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, drive, stand and sit; use a computer and phone. The employee is frequently required to type, talk and hear.
Role: IT Systems Administrator
Apply for this job now.