Location: 3300 Henry Avenue, Philadelphia, PA
Start Date: Summer 2021
Network Website: #removed#
School Website: #removed#
About the Organization:
Hebrew Public Charter Schools for Global Citizens. Hebrew Public is a national network of diverse-by-design public charter schools that teach children of all backgrounds to become productive global citizens. Our schools are models of racial and economic integration, academic excellence, and foreign language learning.
Hebrew Public's network currently contains thirteen schools in four states and the District of Columbia, serving more than 2,500 students. In New York City, we serve as the Charter Management Organization for schools in Brooklyn and Harlem.
The network's first school in Philadelphia, Philadelphia Hebrew Public, opened in 2019, serving 156 students in kindergarten and 1st grade. The school will expand to 3rd grade in 2021-22 and will add a grade level each year until it ultimately serves grades K to 8 in the 2026-27 school year. PHP provides students with a sophisticated core curriculum in English Language Arts, mathematics, Modern Hebrew, the sciences, social studies, art, music, and physical education.
About the Position:
This is an exciting time to join Philadelphia Hebrew Public in its third year. Join a remarkable community of educators and social change-makers who are passionate about meaningful integration and global education and are relentlessly committed to ensuring students from all backgrounds attain high levels of academic achievement. We select individuals who share our vision and are willing to put in the hard work to achieve it. We are seeking a driven Associate Teacher for the #removed# school year that operates with a high sense of urgency and possesses a strong work ethic. Candidates for this position do NOT need to speak Hebrew. The School is fully committed to a culturally diverse faculty and student body. The school is eager to consider applications from traditionally underrepresented groups.
Job Responsibilities and Characteristics:
- Partner with lead General Education and Special Education teachers to implement curriculum and to utilize classroom routines and procedures consistently;
- Work closely with General Education and Special Education teachers to analyze student work and assessment data to inform instruction;
- Maintain an awareness of school's strategic initiatives and incorporate them into your work;
- Take an active role in your professional development by identifying and creating opportunities to expand your skills to meet the demands of individual student needs;
- Develop strong relationships with families and students to create investment in school culture and academics;
- Meet professional obligations through efficient work habits such as: meeting deadlines, honoring schedules and collaborating effectively with co-teachers and colleagues;
- Commitment to professional growth through self-reflection, receptiveness to feedback and a continuous desire to improve; and
- Demonstrate a solutions-oriented mindset and flexible thinking when faced with challenges;
- Maintain sensitive, confidential information;
- Provide small group instruction and intervention to students across kindergarten, first, and second grades;
- Engage in professional development;
- Engage in instructional coaching and goal setting with the intent to increase instructional responsibilities.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution required
- A minimum of one year teaching experience preferred; experience in an urban school setting in which the students were selected by lottery and not by entrance exam or by discretionary criteria is preferred
- Hold PA teacher certification or working towards certification is preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Salary and benefits will be highly competitive and commensurate with experience.
Hebrew Public is committed to building a diverse team that reflects the communities we serve. Candidates of color and those from backgrounds that are underrepresented in school leadership roles are particularly encouraged to apply.