Working one on one with Developmentally and Intellectually Disabled adults in their home and community.
This position is primarily responsible for the planning, development, and implementation of Independent Living Skills (ILS) instruction and Supported Living Skills (SLS) services in accordance with the assigned consumer’s goals and service plan. Acts as a representative of Creative Minds and communicates with the service recipient, family, outside agencies, and community entities. Provides services in accordance with the spirit and intent of the independent living and Creative Minds philosophy.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the direction of the designated department Supervisor for either Day or ILS/ SLS Program core duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Provide support, instruction, assistance and monitoring to address the goals and services outlined on the consumers’ service plan and goals such as; personal hygiene, medical management, household management, cooking , housing, and community resources.
· Monitor consumers’ safety in their home and community
· Complete and submit all required program documentation when required
· Lifting and transferring clients
· Transporting consumers to activities
· Respond and assist in emergency situations when required
· Able to work a flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience with Intellectually Disabled population preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Valid California driver's license
- Must pass pre-employment and maintain a clean criminal background screening & fingerprint clearance while employed
- Must pass health screening and TB testing
- First aid and CPR certification (training is provided by employer)
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Possession of technical knowledge, critical thinking skills, communication skills (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Professional, outgoing, and customer service oriented.
- Remain calm and professional in stressful situations.
- Friendly, courteous, service-oriented, flexible and enjoy working with a variety of staff.
- Detail-oriented and work effectively under pressure while meeting all applicable deadlines.
- Recognize problems, identify possible causes and resolve routine problems.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external organizations, groups, team members and individuals.
Must be able to drive our consumers if needed, as well as work weekends, and have a flexible schedule, in order to meet the needs of our clients.
A non-profit that whose mission statement is: Dedicated to enhancing the quality and value of life for individuals with disabilities.
Role: Caregiver - Direct Support Professional Instructor
Location: Valley Village,
Apply for this job now.