Location: Manchester Office - looking after sites in NW
Salary: Competitive and to suit experience
About the Company:
From offices in Manchester, London, Birmingham, and Edinburgh, our client is actively involved in acquiring and developing new residential and commercial projects.
They are a successful and entrepreneurial property development and investment company working across the UK with a pipeline in excess of 9,000 residential units, multiple commercial sites including hundreds of acres of new warehousing and many other commercial units.
Our client carries out all major projects with its own internal project management team and due to their continued expansion, they are currently hiring capable Project Managers at various levels to help deliver a wide range of projects.
With the vast pipeline of new build projects in commercial and residential, they are hiring project managers from a range of sectors. Our client has a broad Projects management team with senior PMs overseeing, guiding and mentoring.
Our client's project work is across a range of sectors, on refurbishments worth £100k to new build schemes with GDV's of hundreds of millions of £'s. Dependant on your experience you will be expected to either work as part of a delivery team or independently, depending on the size and complexities of each project.
Our client wants their Project Managers to assume the lead and take ownership of individual projects so they need flexible people who have a broad knowledge of all stages of project delivery.
Possibly coming from a construction (site) background with sound build knowledge, the successful applicant(s) will be:
- Ensuring all pre-commencement duties are fulfilled.
- Working with the company's internal planning department and end project sales teams you will be responsible for end-to-end project management from inception through to delivery.
- The company owns their projects yet they still expect and provide a customer focused service, whilst achieving key performance targets and value for money.
- The company will rely on you to provide leadership and compliance with Health and Safety regulations.
- You will take responsibility for the effective, efficient and consistent communication of information and monitoring of budgets and progress in relation to each project.
- You will provide weekly reports to the senior PM, asset manager and the CEO
- You will oversee the appointment of consultant teams and specialist/statutory surveys and investigations
- Have experience working with design teams
- Have the knowledge and ability to create basic tender packages
- Manage tender processes and display commerciality.
- Have Qualified/Full knowledge of H&S processes and implementation
- Have experience in contract monitoring, valuations
- Handover procedures
- You will appoint and arrange local authority/statutory body inspections
- You will oversee quality assurance processes/snagging/compliance
- Management of staff/sub-contractors
- IT literacy, competent and organised record keeping
- CSCS Card
- Relevant construction qualifications
- Minimum 5 years' experience (recent UK based)
- Full d