Communications and PR Manager (JB1819)
R30 000 - R40 000 per month
Responsible for planning, development and implementation of all of the
Organization's marketing communications, and public relations activities, both external and internal. Oversees development and implementation of support materials and services for chapters in the area of marketing, communications and public relations. Directs the efforts of the marketing, communications and public relations to staff and external parties.
REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB:
1. Bachelors degree in journalism, marketing, public relations preferred. Graduate degree in a related field is desirable.
2. Minimum 10 years' experience in senior consumer facing marketing and/or communications and/or PR roles
3. Experience of dealing with the media
4. Demonstrated ability in managing and motivating a multidisciplinary team
5. Able to demonstrate a broad range of professional management, communication and marketing skills
6. Understanding of using insights to shape strategic and operational plans
7. Experience of digital media platforms
8. Understanding of brand protection and growing value in a brand.
9. Able to work strategically without close supervision whilst being a key and supportive member of the Senior Management Team
10. Able to manage a heavy work programme, work to set priorities and achieve against targets
11. An analytical, numerate and disciplined thinker who has the ability to think complex issues through and produce commercially sound judgments
12. A committed and loyal individual, prepared to work the necessary hours to meet deadlines.
13. Excellent computer literacy is essential especially in MS Outlook, MS Word and MS Excel.
COMPETENCIES OF THE JOB:
1. Planning and organizing competencies
2. Excellent Interpersonal and Managerial Skills
3. Good team player
4. Good attention to detail.
5. Good communication skills especially verbal and written English.
6. Able to work independently
7. Ability to function in a highly pressurized environment
8. Ability to manage, inspire and lead a team on a day-to-day basis for optimum output.